Mavric

*** Official Iowa Game Thread ***

1 minute ago, grandpasknee said:

Our defense kept Iowa out of the red zone the entire game!

That doesnt mean jack s#!t when they can score from 40+. 

Just now, LumberJackSker said:

He was never going to be fired regardless of performance. Dewitt on the other hand should be cleaning out his office right now.

Maybe Dewitt gets ushered out that I could see 

Its time to find a different QB, its time to consider a different offensive strategy, and maybe its time to consider wholesale coaching changes.

My concern now are the likes of current QB recruits, the young ones on the team, and skill players like Wandale.  If I'm a stud on the team I go up to Scott's office and have a serious talk with him.  Adrian has no business leading this team.  He's not athletic, iffy thrower at best, bad mind to read the D and cannot understand game management.  

Time for Frost to do a little inward looking.

He isn't a savior. He doesn't walk on water. He can make incorrect decisions, and has shown a terrible habit of pointing the finger rather than accepting the blame.

He's got some tough roster decisions to make in the offseason. And even more, he's got some tough coaching decisions to make. If he decides his friendships are worth more than his job, then as much as he will want to point the finger of his demise elsewhere, it's all gonna be of his own doing.

I think of this sorta like 2010 Clemson. Dabo finally figured out he wasn't the hot shot know-it-all he thought he was. He hired some top tier assistants like Chad Morris, and went on to hire Brent Venables.

Tough decisions suck, and it's even worse when it may hurt a friendship. But is that friendship worth your job, hurting 85 scholarship kids, and an entire fan base just so you can have a hunting buddy or two?

• Plus1 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, BigWillie said:

Time for Frost to do a little inward looking.

He isn't a savior. He doesn't walk on water. He can make incorrect decisions, and has shown a terrible habit of pointing the finger rather than accepting the blame.

He's got some tough roster decisions to make in the offseason. And even more, he's got some tough coaching decisions to make. If he decides his friendships are worth more than his job, then as much as he will want to point the finger of his demise elsewhere, it's all gonna be of his own doing.

I think of this sorta like 2010 Clemson. Dabo finally figured out he wasn't the hot shot know-it-all he thought he was. He hired some top tier assistants like Chad Morris, and went on to hire Brent Venables.

Tough decisions suck, and it's even worse when it may hurt a friendship. But is that friendship worth your job, hurting 85 scholarship kids, and an entire fan base just so you can have a hunting buddy or two?

No one is getting fired. Maybe Dewitt but I doubt it

Just now, huskerfaninbuckeyehell said:

The offensive play calling after the fumble recovery (and most of the game) was absolutely pathetic. After the McCaffery TD he should have remained in the game he earned it. 

He's earned leading the team moving forward.  Unless truly unbiased eyes, not ones that committed to an Adrian 'til death do they part, eval a better option.

It ain't Adrian.  

Just now, Nebfanatic said:

No one is getting fired. Maybe Dewitt but I doubt it

I agree. Which is why I wont be watching next year unless at the very least Martinez is on the bench. He's just awful!

3 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Maybe Dewitt gets ushered out that I could see 

Push it off as with his recent health issues family time has become more important.  Saves egos that obviously run high in the coaches room

IF they want to pay me a consulting fee, I could probably pin point why the culture sucks - and it's not "Riley's players". Its cause you preach about players not wanting to be there, and not wanting to win. Then proceed to coach not to win, and play the guy moping around at Qb and not the guy that gives you the best chance to win. You think these guys don't see who the better QB is in practice. Maybe they're sick of the coach putting kids down for not buying in - when he himself isn't doing all within his power to win a game. That will kill a culture. My 2 cents.