Bench Martinez

Watching Martinez reminds me of 2 very talented but s#!tty pro quarterbacks. Jay Cutler and Joe Flacco- both have immense talent that continued to get them starting roles throughout their career. 

Both also dont know how to win, both are prone to turnovers and both seem so mellow on the field it’s hard to tell if they even care. 

Sounds a lot like Martinez 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lightfighter214 said:

Considering frost keeps putting him in terrible situations with a screen pass per drive and only 2 downs to get a first its not Martinez fault today

Are you kidding me.  I’m very frustrated with all the swing passes too, but Martinez played crappy all game long, plus half the time those plays don’t work is because he can’t hit the receiver in stride.  Don’t underestimate the crappiness of his play today.  It was putrid. 

• Plus1 1

A two year starting QB needs to have game awareness to know you don't run out of bounds on that second and long, especially when you know you're playing for OT. That is inexcusable.

I have full faith in Frost, but man, it hurts to think reason as to why Martinez was playing at all after McCaffrey came in and threw that momentum starting touchdown pass. When Martinez was in the game it was very predictable, he was handing that ball off to Mazour, yes Mazour, every time. I don't know what happened to Mills?

But I whole heartedly am on the train to say it is time to move on from Martinez and let this be McCaffrey's team. I mean at some point it has to be clear, he just isn't the best player at that spot.

36 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Frost obviously doesn't trust Martinez with much of the playbook.  It's baffling he keeps trotting him out there.

I don’t get it either.  This happens with coaches sometimes.  They get so dug in on a decision that they can’t see things objectively.  Anyone outside of this coaching staff can see the AM is NOT good at this QB thing.  He has a touch of athleticism which can bail him out at times, but he is not a natural QB 

• Plus1 1