Bench Martinez

3 minutes ago, BoNeyard said:

A two year starting QB needs to have game awareness to know you don't run out of bounds on that second and long, especially when you know you're playing for OT. That is inexcusable.

I have full faith in Frost, but man, it hurts to think reason as to why Martinez was playing at all after McCaffrey came in and threw that momentum starting touchdown pass. When Martinez was in the game it was very predictable, he was handing that ball off to Mazour, yes Mazour, every time. I don't know what happened to Mills?

But I whole heartedly am on the train to say it is time to move on from Martinez and let this be McCaffrey's team. I mean at some point it has to be clear, he just isn't the best player at that spot.

Good point here.  Why does Mills disappear in games he is actually running real strong in?  As soon as he gets going, he sits for awhile 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

3 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I don’t get it either.  This happens with coaches sometimes.  They get so dug in on a decision that they can’t see things objectively.  Anyone outside of this coaching staff can see the AM is NOT good at this QB thing.  He has a touch of athleticism which can bail him out at times, but he is not a natural QB 

He lost that athleticism with that giant brace on his knee. 

When the announcers and 100,00s of football fans are clamoring that something is off with Martinez and it shows on the field... theres something wrong. I cant tell if Frost is just trying to prove a point to show he knows more or what. At one point I was actually kind of hoping Adrian was just slightly hurt enough where he couldn't keep playing. Not end his career or anything, just the game so McCaffery could take over cause I knew Frost wasn't gonna take him out and Martinez wasn't gonna do anything. Point in case why we lost today.

1 minute ago, cornheadnation said:

I’m not sure if Mcaffrey is physically ready to play full time qb snaps. He played 1 full game this year and got injured. Might have been smart to use him sparingly. Give him an off-season to develop his body and see how the QB competition plays out next year. 

Hopefully we don't bulk him up to the point he moves like sloth.  Staff is 0/1 on that front. 

2 minutes ago, lowkeyhusker said:

pretty sure he has a better arm than AM pry faster also on the bench

I don't know how good you are if you're bench at a 5-6 PAC12 team. And not just any PAC12 team, but a team that has won less games then Nebraska the last two years.

Also if we are going to bench Martinez, you don't wonder what Gebbia could do, you wonder what McCaffrey could do.