Frost play calling

The play calling on the last offensive series just absolutely baffled me and was indicative of the entire season.

Play Adrian. Then play Luke for a scrub play that he had to make something out of nothing (which he still did).

By the way, show absolutely no confidence in your offense by deciding that was it.

Then raise the white flag, hope for overtime, but run out of bounds on 2nd down?

Then run up the gut for no time since Iowa used its last TO.

Game over from there on. Went from ALL THE MOMENTUM to flat line.

Scott needs to do some soul searching in the offseason.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

3 minutes ago, husker_fan_from_sweden said:

The play calling on the last offensive series just absolutely baffled me and was indicative of the entire season.

Play Adrian. Then play Luke for a scrub play that he had to make something out of nothing (which he still did).

By the way, show absolutely no confidence in your offense by deciding that was it.

Then raise the white flag, hope for overtime, but run out of bounds on 2nd down?

Then run up the gut for no time since Iowa used its last TO.

Game over from there on. Went from ALL THE MOMENTUM to flat line.

Scott needs to do some soul searching in the offseason.

totally agree! If you are playing for overtime why would you run out of bounds on 2nd down? Frost may need to hire an OC to call plays!

• Haha 1

That last series was ridiculous. If you're gonna tuck your tail between your legs and play for OT then dont run a hobbled martinez to the outside to stop the clock when iowa only has one damn timeout left. Just take a f#&%ing knee on 2nd and run out the clock. Play it safe iowa would have been more than happy to take that game into OT. Frost blew it. 

The swing passes got to stop.

The last offensive drive was horrendous. I didn't like that Nebraska essentially was playing for OT as soon as they faced 2 and 20. But then to run out of bounds was maddening. But I just don't like playing not to lose, you always end up losing. I didn't expect that type of play calling from Frost and that's what is disappointing. 

This is the first game in which I'm truly concerned regarding the play calling. The past 2 games we finally establish some down hill running and we spent the first 3 drives calling reverses, gadget plays, and 15 screen passes? While you awkwardly insert Vedral into the game early in the middle of a series? 

We got way too cute and didn't put any one of the quarterbacks in a position to he successful. 

The lateral passes do not work against BiG teams. At least not on any teams with a pulse. For someone who prides himself in playing with no fear of failure, Frost sure played not to lose rather than play to win. We just got a turnover and we have all the momentum and he puts in Martinez who has been indecisive all game long and very sluggish. McCaffrey showed passion and grit yet Martinez in his post game presser insisted that he had no plans on leaving McCaffrey in after he scored a touchdown, if that is not poor judgement on his part, I don’t know what is. Simply put, Frost gave Ferentz a gift because of his inability to call a good game with 2 minutes left and ALL THREE of his timeouts. If we score a field goal, we win...instead Frost puts the game in the hands of a QB that has been playing like a dizzy chicken. 

28 minutes ago, Good Tweetman said:

It’s been pretty obvious all season that Frost has no clue what he’s doing. Now we’re stuck with him for what, 7 more seasons?

At least 2 years with the contract renewal.  He needs to have an open competition at QB, give playcalling duties over to an OC that can handle them, and fire the DC.  He needs to change to the Big 10, not the other way around.  If he doesn't make big changes now , he might suffer the consequences in 2 years from now.  The schedule only gets tougher.