2020 Quarterback Competition

The 2019 season started with Martinez as the clear choice to lead the Huskers team.  He was a Heisman darkhorse as well, yet he struggled for much of the season across the board, but especially with decision making.  We saw some glimpses of what McCaffrey brings to the table, and I think its safe to say we will have a real QB race heading into the 2020 season.  What do you all think?  

5 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

The 2019 season started with Martinez as the clear choice to lead the Huskers team.  He was a Heisman darkhorse as well, yet he struggled for much of the season across the board, but especially with decision making.  We saw some glimpses of what McCaffrey brings to the table, and I think its safe to say we will have a real QB race heading into the 2020 season.  What do you all think?  

Depends on how much of a stubborn mule Frost is. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Moiraine said:

I’m concerned Frost is a head case when it comes to backup QBs because of his experience here. 

I believe it already came up in a presser earlier this year. It obviously impacted him and he's protecting Martinez. Detrimental to the team this season.  Hopefully someone he respects calls him on it (TO, Ron Brown) because it potentially will rear its ugly head next year. 

• Plus1 1

It won’t matter who the QB is if some other things, primarily offensive playcalling, don’t improve. We hear a lot about no fear of failure but the offensive playcalling reeks of it. I like Frost but he has been outcoached numerous times by coaches we would never consider hiring. His love affair with 2AM was baffling this season.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1