2020 Quarterback Competition

6 minutes ago, jamesbond said:

Nebfan,

If you can't see the difference in the entire team when Luke plays, then you have blinders on. The confidence that Luke shows is so evident when he runs the offense. 

I'm not saying anything about that. 

2 minutes ago, hskrfan4life said:

Frost will go with who he believes gives us the best chance to win.

Yep and that decision will be based of off meticulous grading of hundreds to thousands of practice reps.

7 minutes ago, jamesbond said:

Nebfan,

If you can't see the difference in the entire team when Luke plays, then you have blinders on. The confidence that Luke shows is so evident when he runs the offense. 

This.. the lack of fire and leadership by AM is also completely obvious.  Go with who is a leader and tha was not AM.

Just now, Nebfanatic said:

Yes to what? If it is to the question I posed at the beginning of the post I would like to see some proof of that. Have you watched every practice rep all of our QBs have taken? Because the staff 

At some point what you do in practice doesn't matter if he cant perform in a game. If AM is the best we have then we are screwed. 

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, jamesbond said:

I want to believe that they play the best player/whoever gives them the best chance to win. I have been coaching all my life and that is the way it's supposed to be. But the eye test. Just watch the games and it doesn't follow. Martinez doesn't have fire, makes poor decisions, is very slow.

Have you watched all of the practices to know the backup would give us a better chance? As a coach, how do you choose your starters? Is it by evaluating practice reps?

2 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Sorry our coaches make their decisions on actual data and not by the seat of their pants.

Cool bro. Maybe they should reevaluate their data set and how its evaluated because 9-15 is actually bad. And lot of that is on poor QB play. 30 turnovers in 24 games by QB1.

5 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Have you watched all of the practices to know the backup would give us a better chance? As a coach, how do you choose your starters? Is it by evaluating practice reps?

Have you watched all the practices? You seem pretty confident on something you know nothing about either.

18 hours ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Ego the size of the entire state. Wasn't gonna admit he was wrong all season. Better to just lose the game. 

To be fair I think AM’s regression caught Frost by surprise too. By the time it was evident AM wasn’t going to snap out of it, it may have been too late in Frost’s judgment to pull Luke’s redshirt. It’s a tough call to make.

I am, however glad we have four more years of McCaffrey. I think he is going to do some special things. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
1 minute ago, dspanther05 said:

Cool bro. Maybe they should reevaluate their data set and how its evaluated because 9-15 is actually bad. And lot of that is on poor QB play. 30 turnovers in 24 games by QB1.

Have you watched all the practices? You seem pretty confident on something you know nothing about either.

Would our backups have been better though? That is the question to which the coaches answer is no. I haven't watched a single practice but to suggest Frost is playing favorites just because is asinine. They grade every practice play and the decisions are made accordingly. Do you really think they do it any other way?