2020 Quarterback Competition

• 2 weeks later...

Adrian (and JD) listed in Heisman odds again:

https://247sports.com/college/nebraska/Article/Nebraska-football-Heisman-Trophy-odds-Adrian-Martinez-JD-Spielman--145595640/

Obviously neither will win,  and only 5 players realistically are in this race, but it's interesting the continued hype. Strategic to get bets I am sure.

He definitely can't win if Luke wins the job though right?!

Edited by runningblind
Or if there is no season.....
  • 4 weeks later...

What do the “insiders” say about Vedral leaving the program.  

Very disappointing.  Somethng is just not quite right in Huskerville with all the QBs leaving.  I know kids want to start but Noah got playing ops at times.  If Frost has “pets” or faves, he really needs some friendly advice in avoiding even the appearance of such.   This is a morale killer.  He can lose entire team if this is reality.  Kids need to feel confident they are being given a fair chance and not just being “practice dummies” 

• Haha 3
7 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Very disappointing.  Somethng is just not quite right in Huskerville with all the QBs leaving.  I know kids want to start but Noah got playing ops at times.  If Frost has “pets” or faves, he really needs some friendly advice in avoiding even the appearance of such.   This is a morale killer.  He can lose entire team if this is reality.  Kids need to feel confident they are being given a fair chance and not just being “practice dummies” 

I think it's more the fact that Noah saw how good Luke is and probably got a glimpse of Logan's abilities as well. I wish him nothing but the best, but we still have some studs there.

• Plus1 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

48 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

You couldn’t be more wrong. 

• Plus1 7
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Dude.

Over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over again, you prove yourself to be wildly out of touch with how things work in the modern era. Not just at Nebraska. Everywhere.

There is nothing wrong with our QB room that isn't also wrong with every other successful P5 quarterback room in the nation.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

It's an indicator that Frost isn't messing around bringing talent in.....especially compared to the lip service Riley paid to it.

The quarterback room remains loaded even if Vedral ends up transferring.  It's actually becoming more reminiscent of the Osborne years in regard to quarterback competition 

43 minutes ago, TheSker said:

It's an indicator that Frost isn't messing around bringing talent in.....especially compared to the lip service Riley paid to it.

The quarterback room remains loaded even if Vedral ends up transferring.  It's actually becoming more reminiscent of the Osborne years in regard to quarterback competition 

Quite the contrary - Frost recruited the kid to UCF from Lincoln as a QB.  Then he recruits him back to Lincoln as a known QB hes worked many hours with.  Two years more go by and he dumps him like a used car.  A revolving door on the team at far too many spots.  Too

many Frost recruits (not just Riley). 

The “modern era” means what? nobody goes to school to get an education, get a degree, grow up and all the while make lifelong friendships with team mates and play the game of football?  No commitment?   No loyalty?   No sense of team spirit / unity?   Just me, myself and I?    

Guess I dont get It!   Maybe its nothing worth getting.  These transfers of Frost recruits suggest something more - Frost knew or sure should have known Vedral wasnt good enough to play at NU if that is the story here.  

• Haha 1
54 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Quite the contrary - Frost recruited the kid to UCF from Lincoln as a QB.  Then he recruits him back to Lincoln as a known QB hes worked many hours with.  Two years more go by and he dumps him like a used car.  A revolving door on the team at far too many spots.  Too

many Frost recruits (not just Riley). 

The “modern era” means what? nobody goes to school to get an education, get a degree, grow up and all the while make lifelong friendships with team mates and play the game of football?  No commitment?   No loyalty?   No sense of team spirit / unity?   Just me, myself and I?    

Guess I dont get It!   Maybe its nothing worth getting.  These transfers of Frost recruits suggest something more - Frost knew or sure should have known Vedral wasnt good enough to play at NU if that is the story here.  

He was brought here to be a safety net if frost couldn’t get a QB.  He’s now gotten 3 highly rated qbs in 3 classes..... basically his need was met and it’s time for him to move on. He is a great kid and a gifted athlete, there are just 3 better guys ahead of him. I wish him nothing but the best. 

• Plus1 4

28 minutes ago, Landlord said:

Finally you got something right.

My opinion of Frost takes a big hit and sad so many on this board seem so unconcerned about the culture and discontent on the football team.   So much for Scott “Mr. Culture” Frost as a HC.  

Hope you are wrong.  

3 hours ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

My opinion of Frost takes a big hit and sad so many on this board seem so unconcerned about the culture and discontent on the football team.   So much for Scott “Mr. Culture” Frost as a HC.  

Hope you are wrong.  

You aren’t getting it. So Frost’s culture is bad because players who aren’t as good and talented as other players aren’t happy with sitting the bench, and they decide to transfer to somewhere they can play?

With the immediate eligibility of a grad transfer guys are able to go to a school where they can play instead of spending their final year or two on the bench.  I don’t blame them. They work to hard their entire lives to just sit the bench. If they want to go to another school where they can play, what’s the issue in that?

In another post, you say Frost is dumping Vedral. How do you know it’s not Vedral dumping Frost? Frost doesn’t owe Vedral the back-up or starters job, and Vedral doesn’t owe it to Frost to stick around to be the 3rd QB on the depth chart.

Before you say “well guys like Berringer and Turman stuck around to be backups as seniors”, well they didn’t have a choice back then. There wasn’t a rule to allow graduates to transfer with immediate eligibility in those times. You need to understand current situations before you spout off your diatribes about culture. 

• Thanks 1

Vedral came here for the chance to work more with Frost/Verduzco.  He was never going to be QB1 unless there were major injuries.  He got to see the field some and learned a lot.  He is a really smart guy and knows he isn't going to see the field unless AM and LM go down to injury.  He can also see that he would likely be 4th on the depth chart next year.  It's the perfect time for him to transfer.  Add to that the closures from the virus so wherever he goes he won't be behind for the current season.  I thought most expected this move.  I'm hoping he goes to Wyoming.  The Cowboys currently have a RS/SO and a true Freshman on the depth chart and their projected starter only had 95 passes last year with a 51.6% completion and 1TD to 4 INT.  I think Vedral would be a massive upgrade for them and he would get to stay fairly close to home.  Wish him the best of luck!

• Plus1 5