2020 Quarterback Competition

22 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

The list in the article is indicative of what a joke the award is.  Don't get me wrong, I would love for 2AM or any Husker to win it. But, they list their top 15.  All but two are QBs with the other two being RBs.  

Sorry, a football team is more diverse than that.

I stopped thinking the Heisman was anything more then a popularity contest in 2009. Suh was the best football player that year and it wasn't close. The last time a defensive player got actual credit was Woodson in 97. They're trying to tell us a defensive player hasn't been the best player in college football in the last 25 years one time? Definitely a joke as it is defined.

• Plus1 3

3 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

You mean a QB actually needs protection in order to throw all the deep passes the fans want?

Frost LOVES seam routes...but you do in fact need some time.  I would imagine if the OL is better this season that you will see a lot of seam routes.

• Plus1 1

38 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Frost LOVES seam routes...but you do in fact need some time.  I would imagine if the OL is better this season that you will see a lot of seam routes.

They were big plays all the time at UCF.

As for the clip, it really makes Hixson look bad. Late in the season and he gets whipped. Hope whomever plays LG does better.

• Thanks 1
12 hours ago, Treand3 said:

They were big plays all the time at UCF.

As for the clip, it really makes Hixson look bad. Late in the season and he gets whipped. Hope whomever plays LG does better.

To be fair, most clips make Hixson look bad. 

• Plus1 3
15 minutes ago, Treand3 said:

True....that's the problem. Not only did you have a new center figuring things but Hixon being right next to him made the OL a hot mess.

Wilson on the other side of him seemed to take a step back from the end of 2018 without Farmer next to him. He improved as the year went on, but early on the middle three were just awful.

9 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

Wilson on the other side of him seemed to take a step back from the end of 2018 without Farmer next to him. He improved as the year went on, but early on the middle three were just awful.

Oh no doubt. Big reason inside zone was terrible imo.

• Plus1 1

22 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

I expect dramatic improvement in O line play this year.  If the QB play is better to match, the offense will be atleast 7 pts a game better.  

Couple that with much better special teams and the field position will help both offense and defense both.  This suggests wins instead of losses in several games.  

• Plus1 5
15 hours ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

I expect dramatic improvement in O line play this year.  If the QB play is better to match, the offense will be atleast 7 pts a game better.  

Couple that with much better special teams and the field position will help both offense and defense both.  This suggests wins instead of losses in several games.  

The O-line played MUCH better in the last five games. Should be pretty solid with everyone back. Jurgens should he considerably improved. Hopefully Benhart is ready at RT so Farniok can move inside to his more natural position.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Danimal said:

The O-line played MUCH better in the last five games. Should be pretty solid with everyone back. Jurgens should he considerably improved. Hopefully Benhart is ready at RT so Farniok can move inside to his more natural position.

I saw some improvement as the season progressed.  But I expect (call it wishful thinking if u must) the O line to be almost night & day different this fall.  

Of course all the lost practices wont help from a S&C stand point but surely some of them found ways to work out on their own.  

Without extra long fall camp (Frost says not much chance of it

per NCAA), I also expect more injuries and fatigue but opponents may be same boat.