2020 Quarterback Competition

6 hours ago, Toe said:

And Noah Vedral at #14. Michigan being all the way down at #10 is interesting, especially with a kid named McCaffrey. We'll see how that holds up.

Yeah, I call BS on that. He has struggled to stay healthy, but the kid looks like TMart when he has got action. I remember he had an insane run on us when he got in on our blowout loss at Michigan and he had another big one like it against Penn St as well. 

8 hours ago, deedsker said:

Yeah, I call BS on that. He has struggled to stay healthy, but the kid looks like TMart when he has got action. I remember he had an insane run on us when he got in on our blowout loss at Michigan and he had another big one like it against Penn St as well. 

I think I know why...

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, Husker in WI said:

How you put Petras above anyone is beyond me, he's thrown 11 passes. McCaffrey has 35, but at least he has the pedigree. Vedral has at least played well in a little more action. And Lombardi should be last, he's actually played enough to make some judgment and has a completion percentage of 42%.

Luke has thrown 12 but a good percentage of Husker fans would start him above Martinez right now. Sounds a bit different looking at it from the outside eh?

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, runningblind said:

Luke has thrown 12 but a good percentage of Husker fans would start him above Martinez right now. Sounds a bit different looking at it from the outside eh?

True, but he also has the McCaffrey name and was pretty highly regarded as an athlete. No offense to Petras and Lombardi but they were not, and Vedral has at least outperformed Lombardi.

It is tough to figure out where to put guys who haven't played much for sure, and a lot of the list comes down to how much you value production vs potential, and ranking guys on good teams higher. I do think it's funny their justification for Vedral last is he was 3rd on a bad teams depth chart - but they ranked the starter fifth, so it's a little weird to consider the bad team instead of the above average guy(s) in front of him. I'm also not very objective about this, so there's that. 

1 hour ago, Husker in WI said:

True, but he also has the McCaffrey name and was pretty highly regarded as an athlete. No offense to Petras and Lombardi but they were not, and Vedral has at least outperformed Lombardi.

It is tough to figure out where to put guys who haven't played much for sure, and a lot of the list comes down to how much you value production vs potential, and ranking guys on good teams higher. I do think it's funny their justification for Vedral last is he was 3rd on a bad teams depth chart - but they ranked the starter fifth, so it's a little weird to consider the bad team instead of the above average guy(s) in front of him. I'm also not very objective about this, so there's that. 

That doesn't mean much when Christian is the only one who has lit the world on fire. 

• Plus1 1
  • 3 weeks later...