Jump to content
HuskerNation1

2020 Quarterback Competition

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Nebfanatic said:

So you think the coaches are lying or flat our wrong about the kid? Hey man, if you know more than the staff does, why didn't we just hire you??

Mr. Martinez, I'd focus on your son's regression and his future mental health vs. trying to do the forensics on the many reasons the Staff played him before other competent QB's this year.  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post

Just now, DefenderAO said:

Mr. Martinez, I'd focus on your son's regression and his future mental health vs. trying to do the forensics on the many reasons the Staff played him before other competent QB's this year.  

Is the staff lying or incompetent? Because if Martinez is so bad they are one or the other.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Nebfanatic said:

Is the staff lying or incompetent? Because if Martinez is so bad they are one or the other.

Long game and Frost's commitment to his pre-Frosh commit to the kid.  He really likes Adrian.  Frost goes 1996 and wants Adrian to fight through adversity, but Adrian is not in the mold.  Frost also knew, after a bit, this year wasn't the right one to burn a red shirt on.  

 

Any sane, unbiased, rational person watching Adrian this year should see this kid doesn't have "it."  He cannot take this program where it needs to be.  That's no bash on him.  I want AMart healthy, mentally sound, in good spirits...and to be usurped by better QB's who can truly lead a team with good decisions, conviction, and consistently high play.  

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Can't wait for Martinez to have the best season for a QB in Husker history next year and watch heads explode lol

I've said this multiple times; Tommie Frazier wasn't in the top 25 in total yardage in 1995.  He needed 600 more yards to get there.  

 

Have you note-padded your excuses for why your kid may not be the right fit for this team yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, DefenderAO said:

I've said this multiple times; Tommie Frazier wasn't in the top 25 in total yardage in 1995.  He needed 600 more yards to get there.  

 

Have you note-padded your excuses for why your kid may not be the right fit for this team yet?

Not my kid. I think he fits very well. Frost does too considering he wouldn't take anyone else in the country. Whoever is manning that position next year will have the best statistical season in Husker history and that is 100% because our coaches are phenomenal with QBs

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Nebfanatic said:

Not my kid. I think he fits very well. Frost does too considering he wouldn't take anyone else in the country. Whoever is manning that position next year will have the best statistical season in Husker history and that is 100% because our coaches are phenomenal with QBs

You don't see any problem with this assessment I suspect?   Yours is the same take because the Staff says this?  No one?  Not one in the country before AMart? 

 

Where is AMart keeping his All BIG award this year?  

 

I do NOT hate the kid.  He is a poor QB at this level.  He will not lead this team to where it needs to be.  There are people behind him who may be able to.  

 

Your affinity for mediocre is confounding.  

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, DefenderAO said:

You don't see any problem with this assessment I suspect?   Yours is the same take because the Staff says this?  No one?  Not one in the country before AMart? 

 

Where is AMart keeping his All BIG award this year?  

 

I do NOT hate the kid.  He is a poor QB at this level.  He will not lead this team to where it needs to be.  There are people behind him who may be able to.  

 

Your affinity for mediocre is confounding.  

So is the staff's right? I mean we might as well cut the kid now and help him play someplace more his speed like Doane. But this staff is in love with mediocrity. Ya hate to see it. 

Share this post


Link to post

I don't know who will start next season, it could be McCaffrey, it could be Smothers, it could be Martinez. No matter who it is, they are gonna put up big numbers.

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

So is the staff's right? I mean we might as well cut the kid now and help him play someplace more his speed like Doane. But this staff is in love with mediocrity. Ya hate to see it. 

Scott has his reasons.  I conjectured on a couple.

 

Martinez is not the guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, DefenderAO said:

Scott has his reasons.  I conjectured on a couple.

 

Martinez is not the guy.

Maybe his reason is Martinez is good at football. I'm not predicting he will be the starter next year, but what we are not gonna do is say he isn't a good player. Would you say that to Frosts face? What do you think his  response would be? I bet he would tell you you don't know what you're talking about. 

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Maybe his reason is Martinez is good at football. I'm not predicting he will be the starter next year, but what we are not gonna do is say he isn't a good player. Would you say that to Frosts face? What do you think his  response would be? I bet he would tell you you don't know what you're talking about. 

I'd say it to anyone's face.  It's what we objectively all saw.  Your subjective analysis and belief he'll recover into his Jr. season is not realism.  It's some hope you need to carry into the offseason.

 

He's not a good QB for this program.  

 

I watched all the snaps this year.  His regression is material, and I'd be absolutely shocked if he recovered to a championship-level QB.  I'd really like to be surprised, but his struggles were too significant to believe he's the guy.  

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, DefenderAO said:

 

Martinez is not a good player.  He's simply not.  Folks loving being mired in mediocrity may disagree and fight for him, but he's simply not good.  

 

1 hour ago, DefenderAO said:

Where is AMart keeping his All BIG award this year?  

 

 

There's a lot of room for performance between not all conference and being bad. Adrian isn't a bad quarterback. Zac Lee and Cody Green in 2009 were bad. Adrian in the 2019 Ohio State game was bad. Bad would not be an accurate descriptor of his play over the course of the season, despite him regressing. Good would actually be a very appropriate descriptor. Short of great, but still better than average.

 

BTW, there's no such thing as "objectively" seeing. To see is to subjectively interpret something with your eyes and your brain. You're not an omniscient armchair Husker fan, you're just a messageboard bro letting out a lot of hot air.

  • Plus1 2
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, Landlord said:

 

 

 

There's a lot of room for performance between not all conference and being bad. Adrian isn't a bad quarterback. Zac Lee and Cody Green in 2009 were bad. Adrian in the 2019 Ohio State game was bad. Bad would not be an accurate descriptor of his play over the course of the season, despite him regressing. Good would actually be a very appropriate descriptor. Short of great, but still better than average.

 

BTW, there's no such thing as "objectively" seeing. To see is to subjectively interpret something with your eyes and your brain. You're not an omniscient armchair Husker fan, you're just a messageboard bro letting out a lot of hot air.

 

I've seen enough football to know what good looks like, especially at that position.  Watching MSU's Lewerke last year (2018), for example, you could see he was bad.  They rode him this year. And look at the net yield.

 

He's young.  He was hurt.  He needed more around him.  

 

Nah.  At some point you can just see it.  Adrian made some of the most porous plays I've seen from a player of his supposed caliber.

 

I hope he gets healthy and is beaten by a much better, more apt-to-lead, QB. 

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.










×
×
  • Create New...