2020 Quarterback Competition

7 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Correct.  Look at pretty much every other top QB in the country and his TD/INt ratio. That is what AMart needs to be at (or whoever the starter is). 

He is and has been turnover prone and many times at costly points in the game.  

And...there's no body else on the offense or factors that play into it....other than "the QB sucks".

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

Good players don't always make good coaches.  Knowledge and ability don't mean squat as a coach if you can't effectively train others to have the same.  There is a reason KW isn't a coach somewhere.  Making a snide tweet that possibly creates bad feelings is likely an example of that. 

I just personally can't believe any of our fan base is ready to change any coaching at this point unless Frost calls for it.  The past 10-20 years should have taught us the grass isn't always greener.  

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, deedsker said:

Just pointing out that he was coaching (or at least was, can't tell if he still is), since that was the question I quoted. But, yes, let's go full sarcasm. 

Sorry, if you werent in on the bashing, you were the last one on the comment chain. It's just silly that people think because you were good at something it makes you a good coach.  I'm sure it makes you better than someone with 0 knowledge, but coaching is a skill set on its own and is irrelevant to how good you were at the game. 

• Fire 1
5 hours ago, nupowr said:

It's crappy on Warner if the staff is 9-3 but not if they are 5-7.  After 2 yr. you've got to prove that you deserve the right to be left alone.

I figure 

6 hours ago, Husker from Kansas said:

Am I the only one who reads that and things it's pretty crappy on Warner to publicly complain about the coaching staff of his sons team. I've been around parents who b*tch and moan about coaches and most of the time it's cancerous and those people are almost unbearable to be around. And it's almost always because their son (in this case a walk-on) isn't the star they think he is

Warner of all people should know development takes time.  Perhaps even some Arena Football and Hy-Vee boot camp may be needed. Bottom line is that some folks need time.

3 hours ago, Enhance said:

Hasn't Frost made it clear he's uninterested in his quarterback(s) getting coached or trained from resources outside of the program, or has that changed?

Didn’t hear that one.  Is that like the feelings and assumptions by many on this group thinking mccaffrey is light yrs ahead of AM on all of his 20 career attempts?  The same assumption that he will lose to AM regardless of that because somehow AM is “frosts guys” but the other guys frost recruited aren’t “his” guys.  I’m looking forward to the frost quote.  

1 hour ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

Sorry, if you werent in on the bashing, you were the last one on the comment chain. It's just silly that people think because you were good at something it makes you a good coach.  I'm sure it makes you better than someone with 0 knowledge, but coaching is a skill set on its own and is irrelevant to how good you were at the game. 

I actually believe players who were not the stars or even the starters typically are the better coaches. 

Less physically talented. Had to try harder and practice perfect technique more. And...yes...spending lots time watching instead of doing. Maybe even more time talking to the coach. 

They relate better to players of all levels. 

michael Jordan would be a horrible basketball coach. 

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, N is for nowledge said:

Didn’t hear that one.  Is that like the feelings and assumptions by many on this group thinking mccaffrey is light yrs ahead of AM on all of his 20 career attempts?  The same assumption that he will lose to AM regardless of that because somehow AM is “frosts guys” but the other guys frost recruited aren’t “his” guys.  I’m looking forward to the frost quote.  

Verduzco quote:

https://www.omaha.com/sports/college/huskers/blogs/mario-verduzco-doesn-t-let-his-quarterbacks-learn-from-outside/article_4c59ea18-9919-50b3-bcf3-b81d8c844e81.html

Don't remember Frost saying anything.  I guess the logical jump is that Frost's guy says no, so he allows it...:dunno

• Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

Then maybe he should coach his son to: be a QB, become faster so he can get open, to bag groceries.  

Go figure a Qb has a good career when he finds himself in a good situation.  

I'm not saying he should even coach our QBs, just stating the ppl down playing his career is ridiculous. Dude was the real deal 

• Plus1 1
30 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

I'm not saying he should even coach our QBs, just stating the ppl down playing his career is ridiculous. Dude was the real deal 

I'm a Kurt Warner fan.  But I always tend to look at how a QB got to where he was.  Is he someone that a team built their franchise around?  Did he come in and then the team got better?  Did he get dropped into the right situation (I'm looking at you Tom Brady).  Kurt Warner is was lucky to be a part of the team he was on and got to showcase his talent.  Much better Qbs have not been so lucky

• Haha 1