2020 Quarterback Competition

14 minutes ago, Stumpy1 said:

I haven't heard if the OL and DL done any "practicing" during the shutdown but I do know that some of the team did do some 7v7 stuff and kept pretty active.   

Sounds good except that I understood the NCAA said no team or group activities were allowed at all.  Sounds like a violation.  ?  Hope not.  Dont need that nightmare at this point. 

6 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Sounds good except that I understood the NCAA said no team or group activities were allowed at all.  Sounds like a violation.  ?  Hope not.  Dont need that nightmare at this point. 

The players done it on their own.  No coaches or any school officials were a part of it.  They didnt use any of the school's facilities either.  

• Fire 1
21 minutes ago, Stumpy1 said:

The players done it on their own.  No coaches or any school officials were a part of it.  They didnt use any of the school's facilities either.  

I hope they took it serious.  How many players actually stayed in Lincoln vs going home ? if u know. Guess we will know which players are serious about their sport and which ones arent based on conditioning etc. 

10 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

I hope they took it serious.  How many players actually stayed in Lincoln vs going home ? if u know. Guess we will know which players are serious about their sport and which ones arent based on conditioning etc. 

What does that have to do with ANYTHING? 

1 hour ago, KingBlank said:

What does that have to do with ANYTHING? 

Because it's pretty hard to participate in 7v7 unless you were where the other 13 guys were.  I think that's everything in regards to the conversation.

No issue at all with people not staying in Lincoln but to participate, as mentioned above, it would be necessary.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Or there was a global pandemic going on and the players went home to be close to family because of the uncertain situation.  Logan Smothers went back to Alabama to finish up school.  Luke McCaffrey has been back in Colorado the past few months. Players haven’t been allowed on campus, so they may as well be home to where they can do as much on their own as possible.

The official team workouts (without coaches) and 7 on 7 playing don’t start until the summer, and the 7 on 7 may be limited due to COVID-19 limitations in group activities. 

45 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Or there was a global pandemic going on and the players went home to be close to family because of the uncertain situation.  Logan Smothers went back to Alabama to finish up school.  Luke McCaffrey has been back in Colorado the past few months. Players haven’t been allowed on campus, so they may as well be home to where they can do as much on their own as possible.

The official team workouts (without coaches) and 7 on 7 playing don’t start until the summer, and the 7 on 7 may be limited due to COVID-19 limitations in group activities. 

I remember reading a blurb on ESPN about CMC's workout regime back in Colorado and that he was working out with his family and thought, "Welp, that's a pretty good spot for Luke to be in."

18 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

I remember reading a blurb on ESPN about CMC's workout regime back in Colorado and that he was working out with his family and thought, "Welp, that's a pretty good spot for Luke to be in."

I totally agree that Luke is in a great spot to work out with his family.  I hope players are doing as much as they can during this time, but it doesn't make them "bad teammates" for going home during the past few months.

2 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

I must have missed a few posts.  Who suggested we had a bunch of bad teammates.  ?   

You make that implication when you posts things like "I hope they took it serious.  How many players actually stayed in Lincoln vs going home ? if u know. Guess we will know which players are serious about their sport and which ones arent based on conditioning etc."

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2

54 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

You make that implication when you posts things like "I hope they took it serious.  How many players actually stayed in Lincoln vs going home ? if u know. Guess we will know which players are serious about their sport and which ones arent based on conditioning etc."

Lol.  That doesnt make them bad it just makes the normal 18 , 19. 20 year olds.  If organized workouts / conditioning wasnt nexessary then kids would all be in great shape on day 1.  Most human beings need structure and group encouragement and competition and professional instruction to form sports teams at competitive level of Div 1 athletics.  Some kids are more motivated than others but few are able to be ready to play team sports without team work.  imo.  

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, GBRFAN said:

It will be fun when we finally have opponents to b!^@h about instead of each other

Yup. Happens every year.  Thats why we need year-round Husker football!   

And 3 month seasons year after year is totally insufficient!   No bowls. No spring games.  Cancelled openers.  Losing seasons !   Geesh!   Husker fans are gluttons for punishment!  

• Plus1 2
  • 2 weeks later...