Taylor Martinez or Adrian Martinez?

BoNeyard

Taylor Martinez or Adrian Martinez?  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Objectively Adrian Martinez has a higher potential upside with this offense, but Luke McCaffrey is going to be our quarterback next year so this is kinda moot.

4 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I would take Freshman - Junior Taylor in a heartbeat vs Sophomore Martinez.

I am gonna go out on a limb here, just a hunch, and say Martinez has surgery on his throwing shoulder shortly.  Mechanics suggest rotator cuff issue.  Clearly his knee isn't right either.  If that happens, we see a close QB competition through the spring/summer, but I bet he still starts next year and this board melts down.

• Fire 2
1 minute ago, runningblind said:

I am gonna go out on a limb here, just a hunch, and say Martinez has surgery on his throwing shoulder shortly.  Mechanics suggest rotator cuff issue.  Clearly his knee isn't right either.  If that happens, we see a close QB competition through the spring/summer, but I bet he still starts next year and this board melts down.

Weird thing is, he didn't play much differently in the Spring Game than he did all season.

I think there's some stuff physically wrong with him, but I think the biggest issues are in his head. He's not thinking as decisively as he did last year.  Maybe some injury is a factor in that.

Regardless, he's either going to fix it or lose the job to McCaffrey. There's no chance he gets another season to play like this.

• Plus1 2

Freshman TMart was insane. That night vs Kansas State was something else. 

Freshman AMart was just about the only bright side of Nebraska football in 2018.

Both have sunk, or sank, since an injury.

TMart throwing mechanics were like Uncle Rico and I wouldn't trust him to make a throw further than 5 yards.

AMart just isn't accurate.

I still don't know who I'd take.

• Plus1 1
16 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Weird thing is, he didn't play much differently in the Spring Game than he did all season.

I think there's some stuff physically wrong with him, but I think the biggest issues are in his head. He's not thinking as decisively as he did last year.  Maybe some injury is a factor in that.

Regardless, he's either going to fix it or lose the job to McCaffrey. There's no chance he gets another season to play like this.

I agree he won't be allowed to play all year again like this, but what I'm saying is I think he starts the year.

17 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Look at trubisky.  Sometimes the deep dive into and offense just ruins guys mentally.  Martinez objectively got worse and maybes that's managing expectations or the offense but clealy he broke mentally