Taylor Martinez or Adrian Martinez?

BoNeyard

Taylor Martinez or Adrian Martinez?  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think recent memory definitely plays a factor in this. TMart was good, but he also stalled drives left and right, just like AMart.

TMart did enough though to win more games, although he'd have his no show games and we'd lose to teams we shouldn't have loss to.

I may finally vote here and go TMart, only because TMart won more games then AMart has so far. Yes maybe Taylor had better players, but he also had to orchestrate a team from the Big12 navigating through the Big10.  

2 minutes ago, EngineeringHusker said:

I'm sure I'm not remembering everything- which games has Adrian carried us that another quarterback may  not have. Certainly don't miss Taylor's fumbles. Yeesh.

Funny thing is, or not really funny, is Adrian fumbles too. Maybe not as much, but he certainly has his fair share.

A game we won because of Adrian is...? Youd think this would be easy to remember given we only have 9 to choose from. 

knapplc: “ I think there's some stuff physically wrong with him, but I think the biggest issues are in his head. He's not thinking as decisively as he did last year. Maybe some injury is a factor in that. Regardless, he's either going to fix it or lose the job...”

When a QB loses confidence, it is fatal for him and his team. He doubts his own abilities, and he conveys his lack of confidence and command to the team through his actions and body language. It becomes contagious, and others begin to slip down from their own peak efficiency as well.

It happens in all sports. In basketball, the shooter loses his/her touch and the shots don’t fall anymore. Instead of looking like a hula-hoop, the rim looks like a thimble. Confidence sinks with every new miss.

In baseball, the pitcher loses command of the strike zone or the hitter can’t see the baseball or gets a flaw in his swing. Begins to press. Makes things worse.

In hockey, the goalie loses confidence and can’t stop anything anymore.

Yogi Berra, who won more than a few games in his career, once said, “Baseball is ninety percent mental and the other half is physical.”

OK, Yogi wasn’t so good at math but he had the right idea about the mental (spiritual) side of the game.

The Huskers need a new coach. No, not the head coach. They need an ATTITUDE and motivational and inspirational coach. These guys don’t believe they can win. Frost has been unable to solve that aspect of shaping his team. Pro teams have brought in the right attitude coach and it’s worked. All it can do is help. It never hurts.

You gotta believe. This season, the Huskers never seemed to. Never seemed to have fun in their play, either. It is a game, young men. Five wins against subpar teams and no wins against good teams. That will finish anyone’s confidence.

Attitude is a fixable problem for the right person.

The attitude is getting better in my view as most of the players seem to be playing with more heart and determination.   There was definately more disappointment in the eyes and voices of the players after this Iowa loss than we were seeing a couple years ago.

I think the losses are really starting to hurt.   That is a great place to start!

The team is getting better.  The games are getting closer and we've had a chance is nearly all of them this year (Ohio State excepted).

We played a tough schedule (much tougher than most realize I think).  Not making excuses but trying to put some perspective on things.

We were not outclassed for the most part and in most of our losses, a half dozen or less plays go slightly different and we probably win.

The glass is not empty.   We make even one more offensive play in the fouth quarter on offense or defense or even special teams and we could have won by three instead of lose.  We could have kicked the walk off field goal!   I know we didn't make them, but we are getting closer all the time.  The team continued to play hard and we almost defeated a top twenty Iowa team and gave Wisconsin all they wanted.'

I suggest we all take a deep breath, relax and give our Huskers another chance next year.   Let's wait to evaluate after 2020 when hindsight is always clearer!

• Fire 1

I think Adrian is more talented overall, but Taylor was more effective as Pelini knew how to organize an offense around his strengths, and allowed him to run the ball as needed.  Adrian was more successful in 2018 as he is comfortable running the ball when plays break down as well as rolling out or throwing on the run. He was coached to sit in the pocket most of this season and it was evident that was not comfortable for him.