why you should be encouraged.

BoSolich

we improved our win total

4 of our 7 losses were by a total of 17 points.

lots of returning talent and recruiting class should be solid before it's all said and done.

schedule set's up very nice next year. we will be way more under the radar than we were this year. potential for a minnesota type season if things go well.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1

It all depends on who is QB. If Martinez is QB, exepect 4-6 wins.

McCaffrey is QB and I think you expect 4-7 wins. 

Schedule is tough and there are far more problems to fix still. Such as a defense, we need a defense. We also need WR's, we literally have NONE. Robinson I guess, but is he is more of an overall all purpose player, not just a true WR. We don't have a true WR.

Offensive Line, I'll give them major props, they got better this year and it was so refreshing to see and I know we got some big guys redshirting this year.

So what do we need for next year?

-QB (McCaffrey to start)

-WR's (Need multiple)

-Defense (There's about 1 guy per unit that stood out and I am hopeful with returning)

-Kicker

That's an almost entire overhaul.

3 minutes ago, grandpasknee said:

We had a great, day delayed Thanksgiving Dinner today.  My granddaughter is truly beginning to understand football and my grandson looks like he's in Devo when we put a red bowl on his head.  All very encouraging to me.

Oh, I think we have some young guys on the Huskers that will shine next year.  That's encouraging too.

Got into the egg nog, did you? 

:D

1 hour ago, grandpasknee said:

Nope, alcohol free all my life.  Tobacco free since Christmas of 77.  Plus, I've heard people say that egg nog is somewhat akin to moose snot in terms of texture.

Well let's see.. you've got me by 3 years on the tabacky.  Gave that up in 80.  As far as alcohol goes, I do imbibe from time to time that amounts to about 6 drinks a year or so (not kidding).

I don't have a Devo hat but I do still have their first album.  :ahhhhhhhh

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, ladyhawke said:

The boys played til the end and didn’t give up. I think I would rather have a game where we lose but they played competitively than a blow out loss.

LOL.  I know what you are saying since nothing irritates me more than seeing us give up, but reread your last sentence.  This season has really messed with our heads when we are expressing our preferences in losing :lol: