why you should be encouraged.

BoSolich

I see about 5-7 as the ceiling for next year. The schedule is anything but "nice". I will be surprised if they don't lose the final 5 games and there are at least 2 losses in the first 7. I could see the D being worse than this year and I don't see the offense being any better either. I'm really looking forward to 2022 when Luke will have a chance as the starting QB since I really don't see anyone but Martinez being at the helm for his last 2 years regardless of how he plays.

3 hours ago, BoNeyard said:

It all depends on who is QB. If Martinez is QB, exepect 4-6 wins.

McCaffrey is QB and I think you expect 4-7 wins. 

Schedule is tough and there are far more problems to fix still. Such as a defense, we need a defense. We also need WR's, we literally have NONE. Robinson I guess, but is he is more of an overall all purpose player, not just a true WR. We don't have a true WR.

Offensive Line, I'll give them major props, they got better this year and it was so refreshing to see and I know we got some big guys redshirting this year.

So what do we need for next year?

-QB (McCaffrey to start)

-WR's (Need multiple)

-Defense (There's about 1 guy per unit that stood out and I am hopeful with returning)

-Kicker

That's an almost entire overhaul.

While i agree with you about the WR thing... looking at our roster it absolutely baffles me why some of these guys do not see the field or contribute more in each game...Ty Chaffin, wyatt Liewer, Jaron Woodyard, Javeon Mcquitty (4 star) all should be given alot more shots yet can't see the field for one dang play....Mike Williams, Kade Warner, Kanawai Noa basically did nothing at all all year ...its not that we don't have WRs on the roster ..we just refuse to play them or give a shot...now i get it ..a couple small town nebraska walk-ons..sure...but one thing we NEEDED this year was a big WR...we have a couple on the bench but refuse to give them a chance, don't know the plays, cant block..what do we have to lose by throwing them out there?

We refuse to play guys we went hard after.....high rated recruits, why? How can it he worse thwn lining up TEs and QBs as WRs all game.

To be fair the WR we have this year didnt have much of a chance, we literally never pass downfield so what chances to do they even get other than screen passes...