Chinander's defense against Iowa

knapplc

Remember last game when everyone was super cool with Frost's offense, but now people blame him for the Iowa loss?

Good times.

But think WAAAY back to a few games ago when we were giving up a ton of points on defense and people were blaming everything on Chinander.  Not hearing that today, are we?

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

Remember last game when everyone was super cool with Frost's offense, but now people blame him for the Iowa loss?

Good times.

But think WAAAY back to a few games ago when we were giving up a ton of points on defense and people were blaming everything on Chinander.  Not hearing that today, are we?

I was pretty harsh on Chin but he deserves credit for the last 2 games. Hats off to him - looks like he learned more then Frost did from those losses. 

• Plus1 4

Iowa played like Iowa. It's the end of the season and we had a game to rest up last week.

I still don't understand why we're playing corners 5 yards off when they need to drive 40 yards with no timeouts and 30 seconds left? Give them the underneath stuff all day. They'll only get 3 plays tops out of completed passes inbounds.

• Plus1 1

Take away the big TD run and the last drive and the defense played awesome. What I liked most about the defense today was they showed actual heart and pride out there. They took this game, for the most part, personal. It got chippy and I loved seeing that. 

This isn't on Chinander, but take away the kickoff return and Nebraska wins this game. Take away that big TD run and kickoff return? And Nebraska convincingly wins this game.