Chinander's defense against Iowa

knapplc

We have to stop teams on their last drives.  Playing great for a couple of quarters doesn't mean anything if you collapse at the end.  We scored a few times in the 4th against Purdue to take the lead, but then the defense collapsed twice.  A 3rd string Indiana QB had a game winning drive.  Iowa marched up the field even with calls that went against them with 30 seconds left.

12 hours ago, knapplc said:

Iowa averages 23 points per game with that offense. Chinander's defense held them to 20. 

Yeah they put up points against soft non con teams to pad the average. The announcers said Iowa scored 11 TDS in the last 7 games. That’s like 1.4 TDS game. Also averaged 96 rushing yards. 

While I was happy with the D yesterday. Let’s keep it in context. Our last 2 opponents offensively were 2 of the worst in the country. 

• Plus1 1

"They knew what defense we were in and they exploited it. It's tough; it's football. Should've knew it was coming." Jojo Domann explains the problems perfectly at the press conference. It's 3rd and Chinander. He is in over his head. Mix it up a bit. I wrote in the game thread to "blitz now". At least try and hurry the QB. Instead they give the QB all day. No pressure. No rush. Nothing. Same damn thing over and over. NU could do so much better, but I guess that could be said about a lot of other coaching positions too.

• Plus1 3
2 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Yeah they put up points against soft non con teams to pad the average. The announcers said Iowa scored 11 TDS in the last 7 games. That’s like 1.4 TDS game. Also averaged 96 rushing yards. 

While I was happy with the D yesterday. Let’s keep it in context. Our last 2 opponents offensively were 2 of the worst in the country. 

What's funny though is before Wisconsin I was posting stats about how the defense has improved and people said 'well wait until Wisconsin and Iowa score 40 on us the numbers won't look so good' well they didn't do that and the numbers actually look better as a result of these 3 games. That is what is annoying to me. Chinander does better than everyone thinks he can and is actually not the issue and people still blame him

• Plus1 4