Iowa points allowed... Season high

Hilltop

You can try and defend Frost all you want...I am not buying what you are selling. I heard his post game presser and he was pathetic. He pretty much accused everyone but his ego. When asked if he had considered putting McCaffrey in after he scored the nice touchdown, he said No. He would rather stick with useless Martinez than put in a player that has a chance to win the game for us. He gave Martinez so many chances and Martinez kept flopping like a scared cat. If I am a good QB, I would never come to play for Frost since he would rather stick with his golden boy Martinez. At the end of the day, Frost managed to ruin yet another Black Friday for us while he collects his $400,000 pay check. When was the last time we celebrated on Black Friday. Especially when this game was for the opportunity to get 15 more practices. Instead, we have to wait until next year and witness how Martinez lays a goose egg again. I am beyond pissed because this game was very winnable and Frost just pissed it away with his piss poor play calling and bad judgement. 

• Plus1 1
14 hours ago, knapplc said:

I have no idea what's going on. I know we're not playing our most talented players there, and it doesn't seem to be a heavy focus for these coaches. 

I'm not sure that's fair.  Honas and Taylor-Britt were two guys on the field side of the kickoff return and both of them got way out of position.  Taylor-Britt might be our most talented defender (along with JoJo).

So sick of moral "victories".  

If special teams doesn't give up that TD, we win.  

If the defense doesn't give up the long run, we win.  

If Martinez doesn't throw so many s#!tty passes, we win.  

If Frost doesn't call so many passes in the flat and bubble screens and stick with Martinez, we win. 

It was a total team effort to lose that game.

7 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I'm not sure that's fair.  Honas and Taylor-Britt were two guys on the field side of the kickoff return and both of them got way out of position.  Taylor-Britt might be our most talented defender (along with JoJo).

Specifically I'm talking about a returner. No offense to Brody Belt but he's not a threat to take it to the house, and usually he's setting us up on the wrong side of the 25. On coverage maybe we have better players, but for sure not on the receiving team.

15 hours ago, Hilltop said:

For everyone hating on Frost and his offensive play calling....  Take a look at Iowa's points allowed this year per team.  24 is the most they have allowed.  Plenty of things to second guess but their defense created problems for everyone they faced this year.  Our offense wasn't the issue today.  Our defense and special teams are a topic for other threads.

But, but, our defense never allowed the Herky-Jerks offense into the red zone.  Not even once during the whole game.!!!   :-)

Going by Iowa's averages in points scored and allowed we put-up enough points to win the game. That said the O could have been better. AM had some very costly errors, IMO Luke should have gotten in there more. Our love affair with an ineffective swing/screen passing game is maddening. 

The defense did manage to produce two turnovers and made some nice adjustments to play better in the second-half but let's be real, Iowa's O is just not very good and we got several lucky breaks. 

ST's are unacceptable.