frost is in big trouble

April Wine

In his post presser he talked about needing more pieces for his offense....Looks like year 2 has taught him nothing,  he needs defense in a bad way...almost the whole d-line graduates, no linebacker depth what so ever and he Is only talking about more pieces on offense?  He proved today that he doesn't know how to coach the ones he already has!!!!!  Our talent didn't lose this game, the coaches quit on the team.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 2

I don't disagree that our Defense sucked this year, cost us a few games, thats putting it lightly.... however our inept offense has cost us just as much, maybe more. While I agree that our Defense needs a major upgrade...so does our offense..in particular the QB WRs and playcalling..if we had ANY downfield pass threat we would be so hard for anyone to stop.

The question is, why don't we have a downfield threat? I have never seen a team that is so hesitant to go downfield on offense. Is it because Martinez can't pass (we already have the answer if you've watched this year). Is it because we have no WR taller than 5'10 (we do but refuse to play them). Or is because our playcaller will only call handoffs swing passes and options (for the love of all things holy STOP with the swing passes!!).

• Plus1 2

IMHO, Frost will get his time here. However, his 13-0 season has proved to be the outlier.  Wanting to race Formula 1 in NASCAR isn't going to win games.  He is not the offensive guru we had hoped for.  If you need X, but can't win with what you have.....I would hope that he would use the extra time this off season to re-evaluate every facet of his game....The D played lights out today.  Showed up when they needed to. The offense and a hobbled 2AM.....even the announcers commented on him and that dumb a$$ swing pass....

We had the game.......We had Iowa......I remember when I used to say we got Becked.....

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, April Wine said:

what happened to the d-lineman green that we were so happy about in july or august?  If frost thinks he only needs offense to win in the big 10,  it is really gonna be ugly.  Really disappointed that he said nothing about bad coaching losing this game.

I don't think 3-9 is an unsafe low ball bet for next year.....Frost needs to realize that he is the HC and OC.  He needs to start paying attention to the whole team....

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 2