frost is in big trouble

April Wine

3 minutes ago, HuskersNC949597 said:

What if Maurice Washington didn't go full idiot and get himself kicked off the team?  Could have made a big difference today, and in a few other games down the stretch.  Would have given Nebraska a deep receiving threat.

Also note Kade Warner was injured most of the year.

What if Frost didn’t call 25 screen passes a game and could manage a clock????

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, BoSolich said:

he hasn't recruited very well. he's really going to have to find some diamonds in the rough these next few months.

Meh, I disagree with this I guess. If Washington hadn't turned out to be the guy he is and he was producing out there, things look so much different. And that even plays with Frost's remarks that he needs more pieces. He needs more talented running backs out there. He had another one, but he got kicked off the team.

Martinez, McCaffrey, Washington, Wan'Dale, Smothers, Benhart, Banks, Corcoran, Mills, Tannor, Henrich, Ty Robinson, Noa Pola-Gates...pretty good stuff. Not guys that instantly make you Ohio State but guys you build a team to dominate the West with for sure.

• Plus1 2

Speilman just as well stood next to Frost today, we did not try to get the ball to him whatsoever.

We have 2 pretty decent tightends and he did not use them today either. Our passing game today was a JOKE!!!!!

Is no one getting open? Martinez is so hesitant to throw the ball you wonder if he will ever get out of his funk he seems to be in this year.

Really disappointed that we lost this game, we did what was needed to win this game in the 2nd half. Agree with other posters that are putting much of this on Frost. Call some damn plays that can work.

2 minutes ago, rdwoodpecker said:

We have 2 pretty decent tightends and he did not use them today either. Our passing game today was a JOKE!!!!!

Is no one getting open? Martinez is so hesitant to throw the ball you wonder if he will ever get out of his funk this year.

Agreed.

I kept waiting to finally catch a play where Adrian would pump fake to the sideline screen and then throw down the seam to Stoll. It's hard to say where the most blame lies, but we just can't seem to find guys on the 8-12ish yard routes.

Having a healthy Wan'Dale back helps with this so much...and then so would having a slightly taller receiver out there you could depend on to haul in jump balls.

3 minutes ago, southernoregonhusker said:

Isn't his buyout 22 million smackers?   If it is, he's not going anywhere.

Two more seasons without a bowl and he’s gone.

I don’t want it.  But it’s on him now no more excuses.

The schedule gets a lot more difficult going forward.

1 minute ago, southernoregonhusker said:

Isn't his buyout 22 million smackers?   If it is, he's not going anywhere.

If he continues to be stubborn and not learn from his mistakes, it will be absolutely unbearable to stay here. Being a Nebraska boy can you imagine how he would feel if the sell it streak ended under his watch? Or if the media actually starts holding him accountable? Being accosted on the streets? Nebraska is not an easy place to hide, he will have to answer for everything he does more and more. At some point l, if he maintains his ways, it would be miserable to be him and he will leave

2 minutes ago, Jason Sitoke said:

There are 2 halves in a football game.  225 yards rushing. 

I know.  They gave up 27 and record rushing for 2 RB's....They did however score a TD and hold them until the last 32 secs of the game....The 2nd half was one of the better Chin performances IMO.  Don't get me wrong, I am not pleased at all...

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, HuskerJax said:

If he continues to be stubborn and not learn from his mistakes, it will be absolutely unbearable to stay here. Being a Nebraska boy can you imagine how he would feel if the sell it streak ended under his watch? Or if the media actually starts holding him accountable? Being accosted on the streets? Nebraska is not an easy place to hide, he will have to answer for everything he does more and more. At some point l, if he maintains his ways, it would be miserable to be him and he will leave

Like a self fulfilling prophecy...”enemy #1”

Sad