frost is in big trouble

April Wine

58 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

Excited When Frost coaches the whole team and not just the Offense.  He's also one of the only coaches staring at his playsheet almost the whole game.  Lastly, hope he will put the program before certain people in the future 

By certain people i hope you mean the QB's feelings, and not Chin.   Cause Chin is doing alright.  We had the game if our offense does anything in the 4th.  7 points and a fumble recovery by our D is pretty good...

26 minutes ago, gossamorharpy said:

I think the swing pass overload is a by product of not being able to do anything early in the year up the middle. Perhaps to try and bring the defense more to edges of the field. Problem is they need to cut the swing pass down by like 25%...

a lot needs to be addressed but this thread title is a knee jerk overreaction.  Sure, we have some positions to fill but frankly this d line was overrated since the summer and the linebackers can’t get any worse... I hope 

Much of your post makes sense, but our D line is good.  Actually its our best position group on our whole team.  Do you realize if our offense did ANYTHING in the 4Q we win?

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, BigPeterJ said:

Much of your post makes sense, but our D line is good.  Actually its our best position group on our whole team.  Do you realize if our offense did ANYTHING in the 4Q we win?

I agree, loss mainly on our offense doing nothing those 4 or 5 straight drives in the 2nd half where our defense came up with stops.

While perhaps our strongest position group on the defense, I found their performance incredibly underwhelming all year. Maybe it’s the scheme but not once did we display the capability to get consistent pressure all year and our run defense once again left a lot to be desired.  So much offseason hype and I think that was a byproduct of looking good against this subpar offense 

while they might have been our best position group, the bar is set awfully low on a 5-7 team

1 minute ago, gossamorharpy said:

I agree, loss mainly on our offense doing nothing those 4 or 5 straight drives in the 2nd half where our defense came up with stops.

While perhaps our strongest position group on the defense, I found their performance incredibly overwhelming all year. Maybe it’s the scheme but not once did we display the capability to get consistent pressure all year and our run defense once again left a lot to be desired.  So much offseason hype and I think that was a byproduct of looking good against this subpar offense 

I hear you, but in a 3-4 pressure comes from the LBs.  I agree our LBs are a problem.  We will miss this DLine.  Daniels was a stud.  Plus the way we play, our defense is gonna give up a few points.  They are supposed to create turnovers and get the ball back to our offense.  They created 2 turnovers (scored 7 points on one) and a huge fumble that should have atleast sent the game to OT. 

Our defense only gave up 17 points. And they scored 7.  For a net 10 points! Thats stout Defense. 

Our offense not getting a first down in 15 plays in a row is pathetic, and lost the game for us.  This isnt about your comment, but the posters that say "fire Chin" or "our defense sucks", are the same ones who never say s#!t about frost or his s#!tty a$$ decisions on play calling or his QB.  This season our D played as good as we expected.  Our offense s#!t the bed, and its cause of 2 major problems;

Frost playcalling, and his choice of QB.  It all comes down to Frost.  Yet he blames it on his players, which is another reason this is on Frost. 

I think Husker football will live or die with Frost, and it really is (at this point) our only play.  But Frost had a s#!tty year.  HE is the reason we finish 5-7 and dont make a bowl.  Its not AM'S fault that Frost keeps putting him in, its not our offense fault that he doesnt give the ball to, or call the plays that give you the best chance to win.  When tv announcers know more about what you should do then the coaches its a sad reality.  That said the announcers were great, i agreed with almost everything they said, maybe we should hire them to coach our team?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, BigPeterJ said:

I hear you, but in a 3-4 pressure comes from the LBs.  I agree our LBs are a problem.  We will miss this DLine.  Daniels was a stud.  Plus the way we play, our defense is gonna give up a few points.  They are supposed to create turnovers and get the ball back to our offense.  They created 2 turnovers (scored 7 points on one) and a huge fumble that should have atleast sent the game to OT. 

Our defense only gave up 17 points. And they scored 7.  For a net 10 points! Thats stout Defense. 

Our offense not getting a first down in 15 plays in a row is pathetic, and lost the game for us.  This isnt about your comment, but the posters that say "fire Chin" or "our defense sucks", are the same ones who never say s#!t about frost or his s#!tty a$$ decisions on play calling or his QB.  This season our D played as good as we expected.  Our offense s#!t the bed, and its cause of 2 major problems;

Frost playcalling, and his choice of QB.  It all comes down to Frost.  Yet he blames it on his players, which is another reason this is on Frost. 

I think Husker football will live or die with Frost, and it really is (at this point) our only play.  But Frost had a s#!tty year.  HE is the reason we finish 5-7 and dont make a bowl.  Its not AM'S fault that Frost keeps putting him in, its not our offense fault that he doesnt give the ball to, or call the plays that give you the best chance to win.  When tv announcers know more about what you should do then the coaches its a sad reality.  That said the announcers were great, i agreed with almost everything they said, maybe we should hire them to coach our team?

There’s definitely massive areas of improvement  for the defense... tackling and pressure being at the top of the list.

but I 100% agree. This offense’s tendency to consistently have 2nd and 3rd and long situations leads to short drives which leads to this defense being hung out to dry. 

I am confident quality o lineman are a year or two away and hope we see vast improvement soon as frosts offense badly needs the ability to pick up 4-6 consistently on first down with the run 

2 minutes ago, gossamorharpy said:

There’s definitely massive areas of improvement  for the defense... tackling and pressure being at the top of the list.

but I 100% agree. This offense’s tendency to consistently have 2nd and 3rd and long situations leads to short drives which leads to this defense being hung out to dry. 

I am confident quality o lineman are a year or two away and hope we see vast improvement soon as frosts offense badly needs the ability to pick up 4-6 consistently on first down with the run 

Good news is our O line has improved, and next year should be really good.  I just think if Frost called more power runs, and had Luke back their we win.  We ran it ok when we ran a simple power play.  Our problems came from all the screen passes and sweep runs.  Will Frost learn? We arent a great offensive line right now, but a good coach puts more than 17 on Iowa with what we have NOW.  And specifically not scoring a single point in the 4Q, or even getting a first down for a whole Quarter.  Maybe im forgetting one, but i dont recall 1 first down in the 4th.

2 hours ago, April Wine said:

TO ALIEN   Where has Cade Warner been  seems to do pretty good when they use him,  but Frost only has like 5 or maybe 10 plays in the book on offense and 7 of them go straight to the sideline for huge losses

I just don't get Frost's obsession with pushing a screen/swing-pass game that just isn't working. Way too often the play goes nowhere or we lose yards and it's not like the rest are big gainers. The dumbest is throwing it horizontally to Stoll. He is a standard TE, who is he going to make miss so the play goes someplace? 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, April Wine said:

husker pride im out goodnight..............wish you would of been around for what was really said about frost today with my friends............get thicker skin or get out............goodnight buddy

4 responses to one comment. Might be some kind of record. You might want to put this much effort into something other than a team of 18-22 year olds that you have no control over.......or sober up. Not sure which it is.

6 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

4 responses to one comment. Might be some kind of record. You might want to put this much effort into something other than a team of 18-22 year olds that you have no control over.......or sober up. Not sure which it is.

Edit wish I could run the PA or music at Memorial stadium. That would be a job I would pay to do.

47 minutes ago, Danimal said:

I just don't get Frost's obsession with pushing a screen/swing-pass game that just isn't working. Way too often the play goes nowhere or we lose yards and it's not like the rest are big gainers. The dumbest is throwing it horizontally to Stoll. He is a standard TE, who is he going to make miss so the play goes someplace? 

It seems like it's one of the very few things he actually trusts Martinez to do.

2 hours ago, April Wine said:

The HELL i'm not paying them something.....I have husker gear, husker jersey's, I travel a hell of a long way to go see a s#!t team. Don't tell me I don't pay to try and enjoy my husker football you prick...Don't ever accuse me of that............anybody that wears a husker hat has helped paid for any upgrades that happen with that team.   You are living under a rock.........have you ever bought a ticket?  I think you still are just dumb or that turd never got out of you underwear 30 years ago........I am contributing just like every other true husker fan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh....my bad. I guess everyone that buys some gear and goes to some games can now act like they sign Frost’s f#cking check. If I’d known you were kicking out 5M per year I would’ve......ah f#ck no I wouldn’t have, I’d still think you were drunk and/or delusional. There’s a special hall of fame for posters like you. But I shouldn’t have told you, you’ll think it makes you special and we’ll have to endure more sniveling and whining.

3 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Oh....my bad. I guess everyone that buys some gear and goes to some games can now act like they sign Frost’s f#cking check. If I’d known you were kicking out 5M per year I would’ve......ah f#ck no I wouldn’t have, I’d still think you were drunk and/or delusional. There’s a special hall of fame for posters like you. But I shouldn’t have told you, you’ll think it makes you special and we’ll have to endure more sniveling and whining.

I want a personal apology from Frost in person. IN PERSON. I want Moos to shovel my snow for the rest of the winter. I want a lot of other things too.  I want public floggings outside the courthouse. /s

It's a kids game guys.

• Haha 2

Frost did not manage the clock well late in the 4th Qtr or do a great job of calling most of the game. 
Adrian Martinez is not getting it done.  He is hesitant to decide to pass and hesitant to decide to run.  When he runs, he does show speed.  His passing is not accurate.  For the drive resulting in a pick at the 2, he decided to throw late and through into a pick.  If he had thrown a second earlier, it would have been a TD.  Later, when he a shot deep over the center, he overthrew a possible TD.

We did not miss Maurice other possibly his speed.  Both Mills and Mazour did enough to have won.

Our offensive line did better but not good enough.  Epenesa came through like he was unblocked many times.  The coaches did not seem to make changes.

Frost and the OC called that flat swing pass for little gain all season long.  I hope that I never have to that loser play called again.  Matt Mullen commented on that stupid play several times.

The defense played its best game today.  I think the DC got burned early but made the corrections when needed.   I still think the 3-4 is crap.  They may still call it 3-4, but they played better with tweaks that made it like a 4-3 or 5-2 with LBs aggressively playing the run.

Worst observation, Frost made some bonehead calls at 3rd and 8 at the end.  It looked like he was satisfied with an overtime instead of playing for win with at least a field goal at the end.  The announcers felt the same.

I don’t want Frost fired but I am not happy to hear him say again we have a few pieces to work on.

• Fire 1