frost is in big trouble

April Wine

Scott Frosts biggest mentor was Tom O. Many may not remember how stubborn TO was. He lost two national championships in the early and mid 80's because he refused to put any of his best recruits on the D side of the ball. I really think he expected to outscore everyone with an offensive scheme that opposing defenses couldn't stop. (Sound familiar?) Against a weak Big 8 it worked but against the Miami's and other national powers with speed on D it stalled time after time.  It took from 1984 till about 1992 for Tom to decide to change from a 5-2 to a 4-3.  Tom could go 10-2 or 11-1 in the Big 8 but that stubborn mindset translates to 5-7 or 6-6 in the Big 10.  I truly hope Scott spends this off season making the changes needed to win in this conference.  The success or failure of this recruiting class will be huge in the future of this program.

• Plus1 5

The Title for "frost is in big trouble" should probably be renamed, "April Wine is in big trouble".  I have not read this thread, nor will I, but after the big fella's doubled down and gave Scott and extended his contract ... HE IS NOT IN BIG TROUBLE ... it will just lead to further uncertainty by the fan base [the "greatest fans on earth"].

• Plus1 1

I can not believe we are sitting here talking about firing a coach after two years. He inherited a complete mess. He needs time. The hype going into this season is what got us here. Martinez is not the man. He is timid and makes bonehead plays. I saw several receivers open and he just simply holds onto the ball. Him running out of bounds to stop the clock shows he isnt getting it. The kid looks overwhelmed. Give frost some time. If not, husker football will never come back

• Plus1 2
11 hours ago, DefenderAO said:

Excited When Frost coaches the whole team and not just the Offense.  He's also one of the only coaches staring at his playsheet almost the whole game.  Lastly, hope he will put the program before certain people in the future 

Our offense is pretty bad- are we sure we want him coaching everything ? 

Mostly kidding- but I am pretty concerned how bad we look in all phases 

10 hours ago, April Wine said:

The HELL i'm not paying them something.....I have husker gear, husker jersey's, I travel a hell of a long way to go see a s#!t team. Don't tell me I don't pay to try and enjoy my husker football you prick...Don't ever accuse me of that............anybody that wears a husker hat has helped paid for any upgrades that happen with that team.   You are living under a rock.........have you ever bought a ticket?  I think you still are just dumb or that turd never got out of you underwear 30 years ago........I am contributing just like every other true husker fan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And if you stopped all of that Nebraska would still be paying Scott 5 million a year. Sorry but your few thousand dollars is meaningless to the Husker football program getting 50 mil a year from the Big 10

• Plus1 1
43 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Our offense is pretty bad- are we sure we want him coaching everything ? 

Mostly kidding- but I am pretty concerned how bad we look in all phases 

I hear you. It is a little crazy he is not in the details on all three phases. I think he’s a bit lost right now. He just stared at his play sheet last game. He’s loyal to a cancer survivor who does not seem to be a great coach in a facet we need to be better. 

I hope Tom O. Is having serious heart to hearts with him in the off season. 

3 hours ago, TonyStalloni said:

Scott Frosts biggest mentor was Tom O. Many may not remember how stubborn TO was. He lost two national championships in the early and mid 80's because he refused to put any of his best recruits on the D side of the ball. I really think he expected to outscore everyone with an offensive scheme that opposing defenses couldn't stop. (Sound familiar?) Against a weak Big 8 it worked but against the Miami's and other national powers with speed on D it stalled time after time.  It took from 1984 till about 1992 for Tom to decide to change from a 5-2 to a 4-3.  Tom could go 10-2 or 11-1 in the Big 8 but that stubborn mindset translates to 5-7 or 6-6 in the Big 10.  I truly hope Scott spends this off season making the changes needed to win in this conference.  The success or failure of this recruiting class will be huge in the future of this program.

I hope it doesn’t take a QB decommit to show Scott he’s being egotistical to a bad degree. Would he even see it then?

Pain causes change. In sports. In business. In life. This season was painful. Successful people use pain to become better. I look forward to see how and when it happens for HCSF. 

• Plus1 1

10 minutes ago, lincoln84 said:

I hope they spend the off season watching other BIG teams play on film. Like, the coaches need to understand their competition before they can coach against it.  UCF football isn’t working here.

Yes like watch Iowa and Wisconsin and start recruiting like they do. Its what Nebraska is and always will be. We arent some Flashy Spread offense state!  

What hurt the most is when the camera went to Frost on our final drive and he looked like he had no idea what to do. He had No energy. No emotion. You have a chance to win this game or at least go to over time. You got 2 chances to win this! 

I wanna see him put it all on the line for these kids especially for the seniors to possibly end their college playing careers at a bowl game. I saw Held trying to fire players up. I need that from the HC. If i’m a player and I see my HC show some emotion i’m going to battle for him.

Bo Pelini’s fire and over the top antics don’t seem as crazy now.. 

I want to keep believing Frost is the man for the job, but right now he’s as soft as Mike Riley. Being nice can only get you so far. 

5 minutes ago, lowkeyhusker said:

What hurt the most is when the camera went to Frost on our final drive and he looked like he had no idea what to do. He had No energy. No emotion. You have a chance to win this game or at least go to over time. You got 2 chances to win this! 

I wanna see him put it all on the line for these kids especially for the seniors to possibly end their college playing careers at a bowl game. I saw Held trying to fire players up. I need that from the HC. If i’m a player and I see my HC show some emotion i’m going to battle for him.

Bo Pelini’s fire and over the top antics don’t seem as crazy now.. 

I want to keep believing Frost is the man for the job, but right now he’s as soft as Mike Riley. Being nice can only get you so far. 

Now we're judging what Frost is thinking by a camera cut to the sideline.

What a time to be alive.

• Haha 1