frost is in big trouble

April Wine

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

Effort in general seems improved, yes. Here's another:  Running back improvement.

Look at Devine Ozigbo from the beginning of last year to the end of the year. Then look at Dedrick Mills from the beginning of this year to yesterday.  HUGE improvement.

Can we build on momentum?  The way we finished '18 and started '19 was as if '18's finish had ZERO bearing on the team

2 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

Can we build on momentum?  The way we finished '18 and started '19 was as if '18's finish had ZERO bearing on the team

We can. Will we is the big question (and probably what you're asking).

Lots of stuff went into this disappointing season. Martinez not being the same guy as last year, Washington's issues, losing Legrone & Hunt before the season started... There are a lot of things that went in to making this what it was.

Everyone from Frost to Waldoch has to get better. If it happens, great. If not, they're going to have to see if Urban Meyer's health issues have cleared up.

6 minutes ago, gorp512 said:

He did talk about how he didn't communicate well enough on a plan on the QB draw drive, but overall, he does not place blame on his own shoulders week after week like typical coach speak. 

When he talks about the team I fully believe he means the staff and players etc. I'm just excited to see all of you smiling next year when we are bowl eligible 7 weeks into the season 

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, gorp512 said:

He did talk about how he didn't communicate well enough on a plan on the QB draw drive, but overall, he does not place blame on his own shoulders week after week like typical coach speak. 

I'm old enough to remember when Bo's "point the thumb" coach speak wasn't good enough for Husker fans.  Now we want Frost to do it.

Time is a flat circle.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
Just now, Hedley Lamarr said:

When he talks about the team I fully believe he means the staff and players etc. I'm just excited to see all of you smiling next year when we are bowl eligible 7 weeks into the season 

I hope you are right. 

Do you think any staff changes happen this off-season? 

Just now, knapplc said:

I'm old enough to remember when Bo's "point the thumb" coach speak wasn't good enough for Husker fans.  Now we want Frost to do it.

Time is a flat circle.

It's a delicate balance. (maybe the first time delicate and Bo were mentioned in the same sentence....)

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, gorp512 said:

I hope you are right. 

Do you think any staff changes happen this off-season? 

It's a delicate balance. (maybe the first time delicate and Bo were mentioned in the same sentence....)

Not sure...I'm comfortable with 1 more year of this staff the way it is assembled. 

8 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Not sure...I'm comfortable with 1 more year of this staff the way it is assembled. 

I'm torn between this and wanting to bring in a seasoned coach to be an analyst, fully aware that the fan base would be calling for that person to take over several times during the year. 

Frost seems to be very selective and loyal in those he looks up to (like Mario). Would Helfrich come for a year if the Bears let go of Nagy? Even though I wish it was defensive help they looked for. 

Want to see some outside the box thinking. 

15 minutes ago, gorp512 said:

I'm torn between this and wanting to bring in a seasoned coach to be an analyst, fully aware that the fan base would be calling for that person to take over several times during the year. 

Frost seems to be very selective and loyal in those he looks up to (like Mario). Would Helfrich come for a year if the Bears let go of Nagy? Even though I wish it was defensive help they looked for. 

Want to see some outside the box thinking. 

Oh I fully support this. I'm cool with snagging a couple analyst. Look at what Saban does with them....he uses them as a bench for when coaches leave. Makes too much sense