if we go 5-7 in 2020, is frost the coach in 2021?

BoSolich

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Not dragging along bad coaches was the answer.  The abysmal results are the consequences.

Ya, this is a much better-coached conference than the AAC. Frost should have done as guys making similar jump normally do, cherry-pick your best staff then use your new cache/budget/connections to upgrade on the rest of the spots. Doesn't help that Frost just isn't coaching as-well. Playcalling has too-often been suspect this year, the announcers were actually making fun of it today, and he's definitely gone into "playing not to lose" mode at times. 

• Plus1 1
19 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

He really hasn't; he'll be here as long as he wants. 

I don’t know how you can say he hasn’t. He came in and crapped all over the previous staff, which everyone loved, and has yet to put up better results. You can say culture and buy in all you want, but this years schedule was a joke and he failed to get to a bowl. Our “star” qb has regressed to the point that people want our back up in, he mismanaged redshirts very poorly this year, his recruiting has taken a steep nosedive where we are now relying on low ranked Juco products who in their own words are saving a spot with us, our special teams is the worst I have ever seen, OLB play and recruiting is abysmal, ILB recruiting and play is abysmal. There has been no progress for this team since Riley left and Frost entered except they have the best Monday practices in the history of college football. 

• Plus1 3
2 minutes ago, Ziebol said:

I don’t know how you can say he hasn’t. He can in and crapped all over the previous staff, which everyone loved, and has yet to put up better results. You can say culture and buy in all you want, but this years schedule was a joke and he failed to get to a bowl. Our “star” qb has regressed to the point that people want our back up in, he mismanaged redshirts very poorly this year, his recruiting has taken a steep nosedive where we are now relying on low ranked Juco products who in their own words are saving a spot with us, our special teams is the worst I have ever seen, OLB play and recruiting is abysmal, ILB recruiting and play is abysmal. There has been no progress for this team since Riley left and Frost entered except they have the best Monday practices in the history of college football. 

Like it or not Frost is here until he chooses to leave. They didnt extend him 2 years with 5 years left to get rid of him at 5 million a pop. So be prepared for more years of mediocre to poor play in all facets of the game.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, rdwoodpecker said:

He is not going anywhere! That thought should have not entered your head let alone allow you to post it.

He only has 4 years as a major college coach, it will take some time. 

It doesn't take time to teach your quarterback elementary clock situations, that last sequence was the dumbest thing I have ever seen. No coach at this level should be that dumb in critical situations.  I don't give 2 forks about how long he'd been coaching, and HE WASN'T COACHING AT THE END.  You want to be the head coach then you can't make midget football mistakes, quit giving excuses for him when he clearly doesn't understand the game situation. 

9 hours ago, Ziebol said:

To be fair, if Frost wasn’t a Nebraska legend and had 3 losing seasons in a row, every person on the board would want him gone.

I gotta agree. Why do fans think Frost needs more time to recruit and get talent but all the other coaches we fired didn’t. In all honesty Callahan needed the most time because he was converting an option roster to the west coast.