if we go 5-7 in 2020, is frost the coach in 2021?

BoSolich

On 11/29/2019 at 11:55 PM, Ziebol said:

To be fair, if Frost wasn’t a Nebraska legend and had 3 losing seasons in a row, every person on the board would want him gone.

To be fair also, if Frost was NOT a Nebraska legend and had 3 Winning Seasons there would still be people on this board that want him gone.

6 minutes ago, SFW said:

Based on what evidence?

16 minutes ago, GBRFAN said:

The first 7 that we play

Cincinnati and South Dakota State are competitors, and in a way more stable situation than we are. Those two teams play to win every game. As of today, us beating either of these teams would be considered an upset. Also, you never know how Illinois or Northwestern will look from year to year. It could be a walk in the park or dog fight. 

The last 5 games are scary. It’s like going through a gauntlet of terror. I see 4-8 next year, at best another 5-7. 

5 hours ago, FieldHog said:

Cincinnati and South Dakota State are competitors, and in a way more stable situation than we are. Those two teams play to win every game. As of today, us beating either of these teams would be considered an upset. Also, you never know how Illinois or Northwestern will look from year to year. It could be a walk in the park or dog fight. 

The last 5 games are scary. It’s like going through a gauntlet of terror. I see 4-8 next year, at best another 5-7. 

I see us winning all of the first seven with the exception of one that we should have.  We will find out that mid season one of our last games will not be as tough as advertised and then we steal a second win from one of the tough ones.

19 hours ago, GBRFAN said:

I see us winning all of the first seven with the exception of one that we should have.  We will find out that mid season one of our last games will not be as tough as advertised and then we steal a second win from one of the tough ones.

It’s okay to close your eyes and hope for the best. I have dreams for this team too, until I either come to a game or turn on my tv. After that, reality sets in and I realize that it’s just more of the same. 

On 11/29/2019 at 7:14 PM, SFW said:

Please tell me the 5 teams we beat next year?

Purdue, Central michigan, south dakota, rutgers and illinois... thats 5 heavily favored wins right there.

Cinci will be a fun out of conf matchup but honestly, I think we still win this in convincing fashion.  They didn't look that great against memphis.

Northwestern, Iowa, and minnesota games will be toss ups

Ohio state, penn state, wisconsin are what I'd mark as for sure wins and frankly, i think the Wisc match up could transition to a toss up depending on if we progress

Assuming we win one of the toss up games (should beat NW handily but that game is always close) you're at 6, if we beat cinci thats 7.... 

So yeah, 5 is def achievable and frankly would put frost on the hot seat status if we're here next year at this time 5-7 again... We wont be tho

6 minutes ago, FieldHog said:

It’s okay to close your eyes and hope for the best. I have dreams for this team too, until I either come to a game or turn on my tv. After that, reality sets in and I realize that it’s just more of the same. 

he's not wrong, have u bothered to even look at the schedule?  Sure, the last 5 weeks are f'n brutal but we play away from memorial only once until 10/24 and its northwestern which who knows wtf to expect.  

I think you need to open your eyes and realize the house isnt on fire like u think it is

Going off the thread title, yes, I think Frost is still the coach in 2021 with a 5-7 campaign in 2020. And that's largely because I think Bill Moos would still be here.

After that, though, continuation of .500 or worse isn't going to cut it based on the talent, facilities and amount of money we're paying Frost. You can't justify $5 million/year and be a .500 (or worse) coach at the division one level IMO.