if we go 5-7 in 2020, is frost the coach in 2021?

BoSolich

22 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Going off the thread title, yes, I think Frost is still the coach in 2021 with a 5-7 campaign in 2020. And that's largely because I think Bill Moos would still be here.

After that, though, continuation of .500 or worse isn't going to cut it based on the talent, facilities and amount of money we're paying Frost. You can't justify $5 million/year and be a .500 (or worse) coach at the division one level IMO.

Frost's support goes way, way deeper than Bill Moos.

Moos is actually a newbie to the list of "Who's Who?" that supports Frost.

That list includes donors and influencers that Osborne has literally known for decades.

Frost is safe.  Very, very safe.

47 minutes ago, gossamorharpy said:

he's not wrong, have u bothered to even look at the schedule?  Sure, the last 5 weeks are f'n brutal but we play away from memorial only once until 10/24 and its northwestern which who knows wtf to expect.  

I think you need to open your eyes and realize the house isnt on fire like u think it is

I have looked at the schedule and as I stated in a previous post, Cincinnati and South Dakota State are not pushover teams. Central Michigan played good ball this year, and return some key players. You also never know what Northwestern and Purdue look like. For some reason they have years that they pull it together and have a winning season.  

I could be wrong, but...we’ll see. 

20 minutes ago, TheSker said:

That list includes donors and influencers that Osborne has literally known for decades.

I agree with this. Moos is really in a perfect position because he hired the person that virtually everybody (local fans, and other colleges with openings) wanted. Then he did the same for Hoiberg. Pretty nice position to be in if you're him.

But you're absolutely right. Frost has bought himself more time than just about anyone else. I think it would take an absolute trainwreck or dumpster fire of a season for him to be out any time before 2022 even.

2 hours ago, gossamorharpy said:

Purdue, Central michigan, south dakota, rutgers and illinois... thats 5 heavily favored wins right there.

Cinci will be a fun out of conf matchup but honestly, I think we still win this in convincing fashion.  They didn't look that great against memphis.

Northwestern, Iowa, and minnesota games will be toss ups

Ohio state, penn state, wisconsin are what I'd mark as for sure wins and frankly, i think the Wisc match up could transition to a toss up depending on if we progress

Assuming we win one of the toss up games (should beat NW handily but that game is always close) you're at 6, if we beat cinci thats 7.... 

So yeah, 5 is def achievable and frankly would put frost on the hot seat status if we're here next year at this time 5-7 again... We wont be tho

This will be fun to pull up this time next year.  

You are over estimating us and way under estimating our first few opponents.

I hope your right though.

I think if Frost doesn’t change his game day coaching he will be in fact under 500 and on a very  hot seat.  The schedule in 2021 is even more brutal.

If Frost doesn’t improve himself 2 years from today.  He’s gone.  

I think Frost has AT LEAST the next three years. The AD may demand some changes, and that could affect things in regards to assistant coaches. But I think Scott, himself, has been given a long leash on purpose and that the AD (and hopefully the fanbase) are willing to see this through. We've cycled through so many coaches I think it is time to give Frost some room here.

I hope it works.

9 minutes ago, Flood said:

I think Frost has AT LEAST the next three years. The AD may demand some changes, and that could affect things in regards to assistant coaches. But I think Scott, himself, has been given a long leash on purpose and that the AD (and hopefully the fanbase) are willing to see this through. We've cycled through so many coaches I think it is time to give Frost some room here.

I hope it works.

4 losing seasons is a long leash.  

Long leashes can be deadly.

Moose’s leash isn’t as long.  

3 hours ago, TheSker said:

I don't know you, so I don't know if you have inside information. I personally do not know or talk to any of the major donors, but this makes sense to me, and I think he should have more time. A lot more time. An additional five years, minimum. I'm tired of the coaching carousel. I'm willing to give him and his chosen staff time.

That being said, it doesn't mean I have to be happy with the results on the field. Nebraska should have won two to four more games this year, but couldn't get it done. 

5 hours ago, FieldHog said:

It’s okay to close your eyes and hope for the best. I have dreams for this team too, until I either come to a game or turn on my tv. After that, reality sets in and I realize that it’s just more of the same. 

Unless you know something that i don't - NU hasn't played a game yett in thee 2020 season.

14 minutes ago, Igetbored216 said:

I don't know you, so I don't know if you have inside information. I personally do not know or talk to any of the major donors, but this makes sense to me, and I think he should have more time. A lot more time. An additional five years, minimum. I'm tired of the coaching carousel. I'm willing to give him and his chosen staff time.

That being said, it doesn't mean I have to be happy with the results on the field. Nebraska should have won two to four more games this year, but couldn't get it done. 

There's no question more games should have been won.  The one possession losses were frustrating to fans and to Frost.

I think that's why there's some confidence that a few things......special teams improvement, interior OL improvement and pass rush to name a few......will help not only win those games, but increase margin of victory.

2 hours ago, SFW said:

This will be fun to pull up this time next year.  

You are over estimating us and way under estimating our first few opponents.

I hope your right though.

I think if Frost doesn’t change his game day coaching he will be in fact under 500 and on a very  hot seat.  The schedule in 2021 is even more brutal.

If Frost doesn’t improve himself 2 years from today.  He’s gone.  

Maybe a little optimistic but I don’t think I’m vastly overrating us.  I think we pissed away the Purdue game early by not capitalizing with TDs and putting them away.  We get them at home with pretty much our whole offense a year older with hopefully a few more pieces. 

I hope that an improved o line will enable this offense to do what he wants which will improve everything else 

3 minutes ago, gossamorharpy said:

Maybe a little optimistic but I don’t think I’m vastly overrating us.  I think we pissed away the Purdue game early by not capitalizing with TDs and putting them away.  We get them at home with pretty much our whole offense a year older with hopefully a few more pieces. 

I hope that an improved o line will enable this offense to do what he wants which will improve everything else 

That’s just it...Frost....has pissed away so many games since his arrival.   

As I said if Frost doesn’t fix himself nothing else matters.  

And I see nothing to believe that he will be able to change and grow.

I hope he proves me wrong.