if we go 5-7 in 2020, is frost the coach in 2021?

BoSolich

If the team is posting 5-7 or 6-6 records the next couple years, this board is gonna be on suicide watch.  Furthermore, the folks that were touting his return "home", will be wanting to run him outta town.

I'm hoping he finds a way to unf*ck this mess, turn it around, and restore a little respect to this program.

4 hours ago, walksalone said:

If the team is posting 5-7 or 6-6 records the next couple years, this board is gonna be on suicide watch.  Furthermore, the folks that were touting his return "home", will be wanting to run him outta town.

I'm hoping he finds a way to unf*ck this mess, turn it around, and restore a little respect to this program.

Gonna be very hard with next year and 2021 schedule. Next year we get a healthy Purdue team who has beaten us two years in a row to start the season, Central Michigan who is most likely going to be the MAC champion after this weekend, a pretty damn decent South Dakota State team, a Cincy team who is going to be ranked and consistent under Fickell, Northwestern who we always struggle against, an Illini team who is trending up, Rutgers who just hired Schiano back and who will most likely sign some solid recruits this class, and THEN the gauntlet starts against  5 teams we have went a combined 13-24 against since joining the BIG 10. 3 of those we have not beaten since Pelini was here. 

Yes.

But I think we will start to see some potential staff changes.

I think you start to see questions come year 4 and 5. If the ship hasnt made obvious corrections by year 5, I think the change could happen.

I think Frost has a lot of learning to do. I am not a fan of some of his finger pointing. I think he needs to own up for when players dont execute, that sits on him.  I have been a bit disappointed but lets not forget, he is still a young coach. Lumps will happen. Its about learning from them. 

15 hours ago, Ziebol said:

Gonna be very hard with next year and 2021 schedule. Next year we get a healthy Purdue team who has beaten us two years in a row to start the season, Central Michigan who is most likely going to be the MAC champion after this weekend, a pretty damn decent South Dakota State team, a Cincy team who is going to be ranked and consistent under Fickell, Northwestern who we always struggle against, an Illini team who is trending up, Rutgers who just hired Schiano back and who will most likely sign some solid recruits this class, and THEN the gauntlet starts against  5 teams we have went a combined 13-24 against since joining the BIG 10. 3 of those we have not beaten since Pelini was here. 

Be careful saying that, you might rekindle old hatreds