if we go 5-7 in 2020, is frost the coach in 2021?

BoSolich

1 hour ago, Ziebol said:

I don’t know how you can say he hasn’t. He came in and crapped all over the previous staff, which everyone loved, and has yet to put up better results. You can say culture and buy in all you want, but this years schedule was a joke and he failed to get to a bowl. Our “star” qb has regressed to the point that people want our back up in, he mismanaged redshirts very poorly this year, his recruiting has taken a steep nosedive where we are now relying on low ranked Juco products who in their own words are saving a spot with us, our special teams is the worst I have ever seen, OLB play and recruiting is abysmal, ILB recruiting and play is abysmal. There has been no progress for this team since Riley left and Frost entered except they have the best Monday practices in the history of college football. 

Can't disagree with a thing....13-0 looks looks like the anomaly....Watching Game Day with the spotlight on Minnesota.....In year 3 with a whole lot less than NU.......

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, HUSKERBROW1 said:

We are stuck with Frost! How do you get a two year extension, after a your 2nd year with a record like he has. I dont understand it??

People are making way to big of deal out of this. It's clearly an effort to show stability, and commitment within the program. Something very attractive in recruiting.... Nebraska has money coming out every orifice, and donors with deep pockets, if they have to buyout Frost, so be it.

• Plus1 2
23 minutes ago, KingBlank said:

It doesn't take time to teach your quarterback elementary clock situations, that last sequence was the dumbest thing I have ever seen. No coach at this level should be that dumb in critical situations.  I don't give 2 forks about how long he'd been coaching, and HE WASN'T COACHING AT THE END.  You want to be the head coach then you can't make midget football mistakes, quit giving excuses for him when he clearly doesn't understand the game situation. 

Exactly, I am tired of the he is a young coach bulls#!t. This is big boy P5 football. Blue Blood program. We are not a training ground for coaches. You take a big boy job you meet the expectations of that program and the job. The program doesn’t adjust expectations to the employee. 

If I get a job promotion and do a bad job pretty sure the owners will not say oh give him another 5 years he will grow into the role. No, they expect you to be ready for the job 

We all wanted Frost. A lot of us ignored the negative of hiring a coach with 2 total years as the head coach and 1 winning season as a head coach. He has a ton of learning to do, and he hired a young staff who all have a lot of learning to do. My hope for the offseason is Frost brings in someone with a ton of experience to be with the staff in some capacity (coach, analyst, Asst AD). Frost needs someone to check his ego from time to time - and it's painfully obvious no one on his staff will do that. I think Ron Brown is the only one we have on staff that would do that, and even he is more of a friend/mentor. Frost will continue to have to learn lessons the hard way, and with his stubbornness, I honestly don't know how much learning is happening. 

17 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I gotta agree. Why do fans think Frost needs more time to recruit and get talent but all the other coaches we fired didn’t. In all honesty Callahan needed the most time because he was converting an option roster to the west coast. 

Callahan and Riley took over winning programs.

Pretty simple concept.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, TheSker said:

Callahan and Riley took over winning programs.

Pretty simple concept.

I never mentioned Riley. The jump from option players to west coast is a way bigger roster flip than the players we had under Riley to frost. Option attack to passing is about a big of roster flip as you could have. I didn’t hear many people saying bill needs time to recruit

On 11/28/2019 at 11:53 AM, seaofred92 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/college/basketball/recruiting/Article/Junior-College-standout-Keisei-Tominaga-commits-to-Nebraska-139351573/Amp/

Last year Tominaga played for Japan in the FIBA u18 Asian Championship, averaging 19.3 points and 2.1 rebounds a game. In seven games, Tominga made 23 three-pointers, and had four games of making four or more threes.

Through eight games at Ranger this season, Tominaga is averaging 15 points and has made 23 of his 46 three-point attempts.

Nebraska is not serious about recruiting a good big man. They just want 3 point shooting guards and two point shooting forwards. I should just accept the truth and quit being in denial about the possibility of getting a big man!

15 minutes ago, TheSker said:

13-0 is an anomaly for any coach.

Frost just finished his fourth season as a head coach.

I agree.  Very few teams can be undefeated...Those that do usually play in the NC game...I'm saying that to temper expectations moving forward.  I think a lot of us, myself included, expected some of the same "coaching acumen" to follow Frost here and get better results in a quicker time.  

I just posted in another thread that the B1G is a much different league than the PAC 12 or AAC.  I hope that moving forward, Frost looks more towards his Husker playing days at NU than at his coaching stops in the PAC 12 and AAC to find answers moving forward.  He is our coach.  he is not going anywhere.  I just hope that he really does a deep dive on his process and refine what he is doing.  

• Plus1 1