Special Teams

Undone

36 minutes ago, runningblind said:

I think that's fair yes but was he trying to hire Snyder as just an analyst like Rutledge? Could explain why he didn't get him if so.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I was under the impression Snyder held out and landed a gig with more responsibilities. So I could find fault in Frost for not closing the deal or having a better fit in line. 

The worst thing I read so far, IMO, is how he wasn’t present for ST meetings. 

5 hours ago, runningblind said:

I think that's fair yes but was he trying to hire Snyder as just an analyst like Rutledge? Could explain why he didn't get him if so.

This is correct.  Frost had Snyder lined up but for the same analyst role that Rutledge got.  But then Snyder got a coaching offer and took that instead.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Mavric said:

And just when I thought he couldn't make any worse decisions.... With almost every position group we improved.....RB's came in an did a good job.....Showed a lot of improvement.....In there shared 6 carries.....WTH...And if he has time to work with AM (more time away from coaching all phases) why are we keeping the QB whisperer....

As for his confidence in his staff, Frost said, "If you look at our team, I think with almost every position group you can look at it and say they improved, particularly on defense. But I think our tight ends played really well last year. Our receivers were young and a lot of them hadn't played, and I saw steady improvement there. At the running back position, when (Dedrick) Mills was hurt, we had to go to a lot of young guys, and I think they came in and did a good job and showed a lot of improvement. 

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1

I have never seen Frost’s description of how he plans on working with Lubick work well, in any circumstance, ever. 

“You’re in charge until I think you’re doing something stupid, then I’ll publicly pull the rug out from under you and take over.  Cool?”

If Frost doesn’t see the fundamental problem with that, he’s in serious need of some leadership training as that’s how you destroy a team.

33 minutes ago, Canadian Fan said:

I have never seen Frost’s description of how he plans on working with Lubick work well, in any circumstance, ever. 

“You’re in charge until I think you’re doing something stupid, then I’ll publicly pull the rug out from under you and take over.  Cool?”

If Frost doesn’t see the fundamental problem with that, he’s in serious need of some leadership training as that’s how you destroy a team.

I don’t think I’ve seen Frost publicly call him out but maybe I missed it. 

Andy Reid does a similar thing with his OC as far as play calling though

1 hour ago, Gorillahawk said:

I don’t think I’ve seen Frost publicly call him out but maybe I missed it. 

Andy Reid does a similar thing with his OC as far as play calling though

I guess it all comes down to how it’s done.

If it’s 4th and 1 and Frost wants a specific play, as HC that’s his prerogative.  As long as he’s only stepping in for three or key plays per game and otherwise letting the OC do his job. The rest of the time he needs to stay focused on the overall game management.

If it’s the middle of the second quarter and Frost just decides he’s taking the keys to the car and sidelines Lubick, I think that’s inevitably going to cause some long term chemistry and communication problems.

It would be more consistent if Frost had a direct channel to Lubick and when Frost called him, the play call was relayed through Lubick.  And if Frost has ideas about changing some things he can always talk to Lubick between offensive series. 

38 minutes ago, Canadian Fan said:

It would be more consistent if Frost had a direct channel to Lubick and when Frost called him, the play call was relayed through Lubick.  And if Frost has ideas about changing some things he can always talk to Lubick between offensive series. 

So basically you're saying that... Frost should talk to Lubick during the game? I dunno, man, seems sus.