Tommie blasts Frost

NUance

12 hours ago, knapplc said:

Jason Peter has an interesting angle on this.

Tommie can say whatever he wants..he’s earned that right! people making that conversation personal aren’t real fans in my eyes. He gave “everything but his last breath” to this program so I know where he’s coming from. It means something to him, to me..we need players like this!

No clue why mobile isn't giving me the tweet in context but whatever.

I have to agree with Jason.  These guys made the sacrifices required to take the program to the top so I respect them.  I don't have to agree with them but they deserve my attention when they voice an opinion.  I don't feel the need to take potshots at them if I disagree.

12 hours ago, knapplc said:

Jason Peter has an interesting angle on this.

Tommie can say whatever he wants..he’s earned that right! people making that conversation personal aren’t real fans in my eyes. He gave “everything but his last breath” to this program so I know where he’s coming from. It means something to him, to me..we need players like this!

No clue why mobile isn't giving me the tweet in context but whatever.

Of course that's Jason Peter's angle on it; he does the exact same thing. 

• Plus1 3

Tommie is Tommie.  Lets climb down from our high white horses, and admit that we all felt the same thing after the game.  Was he wrong? Yes.  Did he have a point though? Also yes.  The Iowa loss was completely on Frost.  Anyone who loves the Huskers was not happy with Frost after that game.  The only reason i disagree with Tommie is because he said Its clear Frost cant get it done here.  While i believe Frost can still get it done here, and has done some great things behind the scenes, from what we see on Saturdays Frost clearly hasnt got it done here.  You gotta know the person making the statements and take them for what its worth.  Tommie isnt a politician making sure he says the right words every moment.  He said what most of us felt at the time and was blowing off some steam.

A wellness check and/or he needs to put the bottle down, such mood swings are what I expect from us nobodies. 

I won’t completely dismiss his opinions, he rubbed his teammates the same wrong way if I’ve gathered correctly, but I’d respect him more if he provided support for his opinion than just flaming out. Obviously his opinion leaves an impression and he’s acting a bit short-sighted and irresponsible for being a former Husker great. 

There are mistakes made by Frost, but I choose to believe they are fixable mistakes, much like the mistakes the players make on the field. We need consistency and to not pull a Missouri, 5-7 seasons is really going to give Frost a true shot, unless it just never gets better.

2 minutes ago, Savage Husker said:

A wellness check and/or he needs to put the bottle down, such mood swings are what I expect from us nobodies. 

I won’t completely dismiss his opinions, he rubbed his teammates the same wrong way if I’ve gathered correctly, but I’d respect him more if he provided support for his opinion than just flaming out. Obviously his opinion leaves an impression and he’s acting a bit short-sighted and irresponsible for being a former Husker great. 

There are mistakes made by Frost, but I choose to believe they are fixable mistakes, much like the mistakes the players make on the field. We need consistency and to not pull a Missouri, 5-7 seasons is really going to give Frost a true shot, unless it just never gets better.

Tommie is a fan at this point, he obviously was heated we lost to Iowa for the 5th straight year, and won't go to a bowl for the 3rd straight year. Did he handle it the right way? No. But if you're a husker fan and not heated after this season, you're probably a monk.