Tommie blasts Frost

NUance

7 hours ago, BIG ERN said:

Frazier is that good HS player that hangs around the small town bars and talks about his career 

Ill admit this is true.  So this isnt against your post at all, but rather speaking to Nebraskans in general.  I wish we would put our "greatest fans" to practice here.  Tommie is a bit out of line, but we should respect him as a human, and stop taking cheap shots at the guy for his flaws (wether it be weight, alcohol?, personal shortcomings etc.)  We all have ours wether we realize it or not, so lets stop bagging on the guy cause we dont like a comment he made. 

It is not the Nebraska way to use someone else's struggles against them when you dont like something he said.  The people going to personal things about Tommie....well they just arent any better than him.  And his twitter comments are said out of emotion.  Maybe he lives off of his past cause deep down he is not happy with who he is today? Maybe he wishes he didnt have health problems so he could have continued his career into the pros?  Most of us should be able to relate...i mean we as husker fans live in the past cause we dont like who we are today so why are we being hypocrites toward people like Tommie? Jesus says judge not, for you shall be judged in the same way you judge others..or something like that.  You get the point.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, BigPeterJ said:

Ill admit this is true.  So this isnt against your post at all, but rather speaking to Nebraskans in general.  I wish we would put our "greatest fans" to practice here.  Tommie is a bit out of line, but we should respect him as a human, and stop taking cheap shots at the guy for his flaws (wether it be weight, alcohol?, personal shortcomings etc.)  We all have ours wether we realize it or not, so lets stop bagging on the guy cause we dont like a comment he made. 

It is not the Nebraska way to use someone else's struggles against them when you dont like something he said.  The people going to personal things about Tommie....well they just arent any better than him.  And his twitter comments are said out of emotion.  Maybe he lives off of his past cause deep down he is not happy with who he is today? Maybe he wishes he didnt have health problems so he could have continued his career into the pros?  Most of us should be able to relate...i mean we as husker fans live in the past cause we dont like who we are today so why are we being hypocrites toward people like Tommie? Jesus says judge not, for you shall be judged in the same way you judge others..or something like that.  You get the point.

I’ll just continue bagging on him cause he’s a POS person 

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, hskrpwr13 said:

LOL Agree. My point went over your head.

The original comparison is ironic since he is quite literally the great college player that has "hung around town" (and visited a bar or two).

It's ok to withdraw when you don't understand a metaphor

Admittedly, I do not pay close attention to the exact nature of Tommie's remarks, so perhaps my following comment isn't overly fair.

I don't understanding taking shots at Frazier's coaching career at Doane. The fact that he didn't have a lot of success doesn't do much to invalidate his opinion in my eyes. The dude knows football. He probably knows more about football than the vast majority of this fan base. I can certainly say he knows far more than me.

So, if he's sitting there saying things like 'I could do a better job because of X, Y and Z' then yeah... perhaps he is going too far. But, if he's just sharing his opinion as a frustrated fan, that's pretty much what all of us do. We just have the luxury of being able to do it 'anonymously.' 

• Plus1 2