Tommie blasts Frost

NUance

1 hour ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

He literally couldn't get Nebraska NAIA kids to come play for him....the ones that did left. If he would have not been fired Doane would of had to forfeit the next season because they wouldn't have had enough kids to play. 

There was never going to be a third season for him.  And it had nothing to do with the team’s performance.  Doane went for an instant PR boost to help crank up enrollment and get its name out there and it back fired.  

There were so many things that happened in those two years, that I’m not going to waste any more time here on it.

Oh, and I am a Doane alum, former player and coach so NM11046 is right on track with their post

• Plus1 1
6 hours ago, NUance said:

This coming from a guy who couldn't get it done coaching Doane college.  Great QB--one of the best running quarterbacks ever.  But as a coach or commentator, not so much.   

Tommie said what most of us were feeling during, and after that game.  It was an emotional response based on truth.  BASED on truth.  I think Scott can get it done, but i was feeling the same exact way as Tommie after the Iowa game.  He is right...our players played their asses off and Scott is the reason we lost the game.  I cant fault him for saying what we all felt.

Edit: He also said a few weeks ago that Scott needs to think about a QB change.  I completely agree with him on that. Tommie is human like us, he says what he feels.  Emotions can exaggerate our thoughts a bit but at the same time their is truth to it.

• Fire 1

2 hours ago, PaulCrewe said:

There was never going to be a third season for him.  And it had nothing to do with the team’s performance.  Doane went for an instant PR boost to help crank up enrollment and get its name out there and it back fired.  

There were so many things that happened in those two years, that I’m not going to waste any more time here on it.

Oh, and I am a Doane alum, former player and coach so NM11046 is right on track with their post

Im also a doane alum that lives 15 min. from campus  & still goes to events.  The team hated him.  Tommy is an arrogant sob who is all about tommy.  He promised alot that he could not fulfill.  

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
38 minutes ago, BigPeterJ said:

Tommie said what most of us were feeling during, and after that game.  It was an emotional response based on truth.  BASED on truth.  I think Scott can get it done, but i was feeling the same exact way as Tommie after the Iowa game.  He is right...our players played their asses off and Scott is the reason we lost the game.  I cant fault him for saying what we all felt.

Edit: He also said a few weeks ago that Scott needs to think about a QB change.  I completely agree with him on that. Tommie is human like us, he says what he feels.  Emotions can exaggerate our thoughts a bit but at the same time their is truth to it.

You do not know him very well.  

• Plus1 2

Jason Peter has an interesting angle on this.

Tommie can say whatever he wants..he’s earned that right! people making that conversation personal aren’t real fans in my eyes. He gave “everything but his last breath” to this program so I know where he’s coming from. It means something to him, to me..we need players like this!

No clue why mobile isn't giving me the tweet in context but whatever.

• Plus1 1
14 minutes ago, BoNeyard said:

I think he can say whatever he wants. But since we are on the topic about this, I’ve always felt, simply based off his tweets, there wasn’t that much excitement from Tommie when Frost became HC. It seemed as every former player overly celebrated Frosts return, he didn’t.

It's because if Frost brings Nebraska back to glory he loses his spot atop Nebraska QB mountain.  There's never been much need for nuance with Tommie, it's the Tommie show 100% of the time.  

3 hours ago, Husker_Bohunk said:

Guess you should've thought of that during the Riley years...

giphy.gif

The comment was about Tommy.  I don't think you will find a negative comment from me about Coach Riley.  Now Pelini, and the things he did prior to taking over the program, that is a different story. Plus personally know the piece of crap did little to help in my thoughts about him, to this day.