Your 2020 Nebraska Cornhuskers

BIG ERN

11 hours ago, Toe said:

Athlong says "Nebraska could be a fun spoiler team this season," with potential upsets of Minnesota and Penn State.

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/big-ten-football-predicting-biggest-upsets-2020

This is not aimed towards you TOE  but it will be hard to upset Penn State when we don't play them.  I more likely see NU upsetting Minny and then either Iowa or Wiscy.  If we end up with the home and away big ten west schedule then you can add 2 more upsets in that group of three.

Interesting observation from the HOL guys this morning:

Huskers are getting to a point where a much larger percentage of the starters are seniors.  From a development and training standpoint, that's usually a good sign - not having to rely on younger guys who aren't as developed.

They listed several seniors who are likely starters or at least right in the mix.  Could be nearly half the first 22.

Offense - Mills, Stoll, Jaimes, Farniok, Wilson

Defense - Stille, Honas, Miller, Domann, Bootle, Dismuke, DWilliams.

All are fifth-year players except Jaimes.

41 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

Anyone think we have a player opt out this year? I don't see any being high round draft picks, so I don't know if they leave for NFL prep because a good season would benefit most. Maybe a few players decide to redshirt though.

If we have anyone opt out it will be a medical decision - either high risk or having high risk family members. All of our draftable guys still have a lot to prove, unlike Bateman/Parsons. So I bet we do, but it won't be because of the draft.