Your 2020 Nebraska Cornhuskers

BIG ERN

22 hours ago, Decked said:

Robinson will likely play all over the field. Same with Keem. 

Interesting. When he got a bunch of snaps at nose tackle against Wisconsin I just kind of figured it was a sign they wanted him there and only there.

Along with Turner Corcoran, Ty Robinson is one of those guys I still just can't even believe we hauled in as a recruit. You build conference championship teams around players like him.

• Plus1 1

46 minutes ago, AlaSker said:

Am I the only one who loves the number “0”? 
Delaney seems like a perfect fit for it as well, seems like defensive number to me and not really an offensive number. Start a tradition for the number “0” in the defense. That would be cool

As in zero yards/points.

11 hours ago, BlitzFirst said:

There is no talk.  I stated he hasn't shown us anything yet which is true because he hasn't had a chance.

I don't count potential unless it's realized.  We've had too many busts over the past few years and you can't win on potential.

That's fine and all, but offseason conversations are pretty limited and boring if we're only going to talk about players who have shown something. Especially because we're hoping even the ones that have shown something show more this year.

Totally fair to suggest we pump the brakes on hype for guys who haven't played much or at all. But considering the entire starting defensive line is gone, the coaches thought highly enough of Robinson to play him some last year, and he's our best d line recruit in years - it's not crazy to be talking about him having a large role on the team. Martinez, Wan'Dale, CTB, were all hyped before they really showed anything on the field and did alright (freshman year for Martinez). I'm not a big believer in fan hype affecting most players, they generally have higher expectations for themselves than we do. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2
1 minute ago, BIG ERN said:

Losing JD was big. Would have been a very solid 3 starters....now we have Wandale and a lot of unproven guys. Actually are short handed if injuries. I think the two walk ons could see the field this year in Falck and Martin 

OK...the argument that a lot of our talent at the WR positions is unproven is a valid one.  But, to say we have 3 solid starters and after that we are thin or short handed just isn't the case.  

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
10 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

Losing JD was big. Would have been a very solid 3 starters....now we have Wandale and a lot of unproven guys at WR. Actually are short handed if injuries. I think the two walk ons could see the field this year in Falck and Martin 

It does suck, and I still don't get it.  Anyway, moving forward, I think Wandale is a more well rounded version of JD, I was pretty vocal last year that I felt he should have been returning punts instead of JD.  I am probably most excited to see Omar and Betts.  Who else do we have, sorry I cant research as I am heading a conference call while reading Huskerboard.  Am I the only one who does this.  :)

#huskernewsissometimesmoreinportantthanmyjob

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, CAHusker said:

It does suck, and I still don't get it.  Anyway, moving forward, I think Wandale is a more well rounded version of JD, I was pretty vocal last year that I felt he should have been returning punts instead of JD.  I am probably most excited to see Omar and Betts.  Who else do we have, sorry I cant research as I am heading a conference call while reading Huskerboard.  Am I the only one who does this.  :)

#huskernewsissometimesmoreinportantthanmyjob

We also still have Kade Warner. There are a lot of other freshmen as well, like Nance, Alante Brown, Marcus Fleming, Demariyon Houston, Barron Miles, Jr...long list.

BIG ERN had mentioned a transfer that was at Michigan, then Iowa, and now has apparently according to recent news been granted eligibility for this season. His name is Oliver Martin and he was a four star recruit.