Your 2020 Nebraska Cornhuskers

BIG ERN

3 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I am not saying Martinez doesn't have an issue with throwing the ball high over the middle, but one of the big games that people remember JD and Wandale getting hit hard after catching high balls over the middle was the Illinois game in 2019.  Illinois plays mainly Cover-2 zone on defense, with dropping LB's.  One major weak spot in the zone is down the middle, but forces the QB to pass over the LB's and in front of the safeties.  It's a very tough throw to make, and can often time lead the WR vulnerable to a big hit from the closing safeties.  However, NU was very strong at attacking that defense time and time again last year, even if it meant the JD and Wandale getting hit hard after making a catch.

It doesn't help that JD and Wandale go about 5.8-5.9.  I so badly want to see highlights of Watts and Omar catching bombs in some of these highlights.

• Plus1 2

30 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

Ty Robinson continues to look like he is wreaking absolute havoc in the middle of our offensive line. I hope that's because he is becoming an absolute beast and not because our Oline is going to continue its issues in the middle. It'd be a game changer to have a nose/DE that requires double/triple teams.

Agreed, man.

I remain confident it's a case of his own physical abilities. He was one of those "cut above" gets for us as a recruit where I'm still just so happy and sort of surprised he chose us.

Tons of natural strength and athleticism. So you combine those two things with a full year under Duvall and you pretty much have a machine.

If I was forced to pick two guys on the roster that had the highest chances of going pro I'd probably say Ty and then also Corcoran (although I do think Jaimes will make an NFL roster as well).

• Plus1 1

33 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Same song, new season.  Seeing is believing.  Gotta have 200 plus yards on 35-40 carries.  Another 250 passing.  41 pts vis 5 TDs and couple fgs per game.  

Defense needs to be 100 yards and 14 pts better.

Good special teams & coverage. 

Thats a 75% win pct type team.  

• Plus1 2
5 hours ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Same song, new season.  Seeing is believing.  Gotta have 200 plus yards on 35-40 carries.  Another 250 passing.  41 pts vis 5 TDs and couple fgs per game.  

Defense needs to be 100 yards and 14 pts better.

Good special teams & coverage. 

Thats a 75% win pct type team.  

If the Defense were to be 100 yards and 14 points per game better than 2019, it would be a top 10 defense in the country. That type of improvement is unrealistic. You need to think about what is realistic before spouting off Improvement demands.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
7 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Good stuff.  I love it.  I said at the end of last year that Austin's added title of run game coordinator was the one area I was most excited to see this year.....I really like what he has said since last year.  Get some bread and butter plays.....Ones we can execute in our sleep.....IMHO, this might be the single biggest improvement we have on O. Solid OL and road paving RB play.... 

• Plus1 1