Your 2020 Nebraska Cornhuskers

BIG ERN

17 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

I'd be a revolutionary offensive coordinator.  I'd design an offense to NOT score a TD with each play.

Now, random college looking for an OC....please give me millions.

That's not what the comment meant.  And, if TO wasn't looking at it differently than other OCs, why would he make the distinction?

3 hours ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

aren't most plays in any offense designed to score a TD?

I don't know I'd say any play that has an out or curl route or similar as the first option isn't really designed to score a TD. I mean in a curl you are literally going the wrong way when you catch it. An out route you're basically forced to go out of bounds. The goal is usually a first down or to pick up some yardage.

39 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

I don't know I'd say any play that has an out or curl route or similar as the first option isn't really designed to score a TD. I mean in a curl you are literally going the wrong way when you catch it. An out route you're basically forced to go out of bounds. The goal is usually a first down or to pick up some yardage.

yes I get that but there are usually route combos so if its an out by your slot with a go or post route by your outside guy then I'm thinking by design after you hit the out a couple times and they start jumping it you hit the post or go.  I also said most... not all :)

33 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

yes I get that but there are usually route combos so if its an out by your slot with a go or post route by your outside guy then I'm thinking by design after you hit the out a couple times and they start jumping it you hit the post or go.  I also said most... not all :)

That's a fair point!

23 hours ago, TheSker said:

Would you say most of Osborne's great teams were grinders or big play?

23 hours ago, TheSker said:

Would you say most of Osborne's great teams were grinders or big play?

He took what he got.  He was the master of using one play to set up another.  He had the athletes capable of taking any given play to the house.  Do I think his O was predicate on big or bust.  Not by a long shot.  His teams physically beat the sh!t out of you.......