Your 2020 Nebraska Cornhuskers

BIG ERN

7 minutes ago, J-MAGIC said:

I assumed it was shells at first because you can see pads on people's backs but these do not look like full shoulder pads

Untitled.png

I thought they were "fixing" these QB's throwing motions.  His elbow always seems low to me and judging from all the video of receivers having to jump for balls it might be a problem.  

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
24 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

His elbow always seems low to me and judging from all the video of receivers having to jump for balls it might be a problem.

To the bold, you're not wrong. Although with enough reps, experience, and confidence I think he can still be just as accurate as any other QB with more traditional mechanics.

I think the bigger problem is the way this tends to get more passes knocked down by D-linemen.

25 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

I thought they were "fixing" these QB's throwing motions.  His elbow always seems low to me and judging from all the video of receivers having to jump for balls it might be a problem.  

Seriously?? In the rest of this play the receiver does not need to jump to catch the ball. In video with receivers jumping you can't even see who threw the ball. And finally,  if you're making a highlight video are you going to choose the video of the receiver making a routine catch or the one of him 5 feet in the air, stretched out, one hand reaching for a ball over 3 defenders? (If you choose the first one don't go into highlight video creation). Last year people said Verdu messed with his motion too much, now it hasn't been fixed, fans are insane. 

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Undone said:

To the bold, you're not wrong. Although with enough reps, experience, and confidence I think he can still be just as accurate as any other QB with more traditional mechanics.

I think the bigger problem is the way this tends to get more passes knocked down by D-linemen.

I agree and it is beneficial to be able to throw accurately from different arm positions but he does tend to throw high especially over the middle.  Probably why JD left

Ty Robinson continues to look like he is wreaking absolute havoc in the middle of our offensive line. I hope that's because he is becoming an absolute beast and not because our Oline is going to continue its issues in the middle. It'd be a game changer to have a nose/DE that requires double/triple teams.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

Seriously?? In the rest of this play the receiver does not need to jump to catch the ball. In video with receivers jumping you can't even see who threw the ball. And finally,  if you're making a highlight video are you going to choose the video of the receiver making a routine catch or the one of him 5 feet in the air, stretched out, one hand reaching for a ball over 3 defenders? (If you choose the first one don't go into highlight video creation). Last year people said Verdu messed with his motion too much, now it hasn't been fixed, fans are insane. 

umm... I wasn't just talking about this video.  and yes if its Wandale going up for a ball I think it would be a safe assumption AM threw the pass.  There is also pleanty of game film of him throwing high as well.

Just now, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

umm... I wasn't just talking about this video.  and yes if its Wandale going up for a ball I think it would be a safe assumption AM threw the pass.  There is also pleanty of game film of him throwing high as well.

They said Luke is getting runs with the 1's last week so that's not a safe assumption at all it could just a well be Luke throwing high. Also at least one of those clips of Wandale jumping the ball hits him in his mid section so he didn't need to jump. He certainly threw high some last year, but seeing a couple of highlights where you can kind of assume maybe he threw it and then also assume he wasn't trying to get it over a LB underneath seems like an insane jump to criticize him.

5 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

They said Luke is getting runs with the 1's last week so that's not a safe assumption at all it could just a well be Luke throwing high. Also at least one of those clips of Wandale jumping the ball hits him in his mid section so he didn't need to jump. He certainly threw high some last year, but seeing a couple of highlights where you can kind of assume maybe he threw it and then also assume he wasn't trying to get it over a LB underneath seems like an insane jump to criticize him.

ok I take it back.  His elbow isn't low and he doesn't throw high.  Luke apparently sucks and our LB's are doing a good job being in passing lanes

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3
3 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

I am not saying Martinez doesn't have an issue with throwing the ball high over the middle, but one of the big games that people remember JD and Wandale getting hit hard after catching high balls over the middle was the Illinois game in 2019.  Illinois plays mainly Cover-2 zone on defense, with dropping LB's.  One major weak spot in the zone is down the middle, but forces the QB to pass over the LB's and in front of the safeties.  It's a very tough throw to make, and can often time lead the WR vulnerable to a big hit from the closing safeties.  However, NU was very strong at attacking that defense time and time again last year, even if it meant the JD and Wandale getting hit hard after making a catch.

• Plus1 3