Your 2020 Nebraska Cornhuskers

BIG ERN

I definitely think Spielman will test the waters with the NFL. At this point, what does he really have to prove? He produced like crazy here with several different QBs throwing him the ball. He may decide he wants/needs to play another year of college ball, in which case it would be devastating if he transferred. But I think he will be back in Lincoln if he doesn’t go pro. Need this position to step up in a big way.

Sounds like Domann has had issues with the staff dating back to him being MIA at the start of camp. Not sure what that’s about.

DLine and WR are my main concerns for 2020. I think QB, RB, and DB will have some real nice competition. OLine should improve with some experience combined with versatility finally. Cautiously optimistic that our ILBs will improve. Just need to get an edge rusher to step up.

• Thanks 1

I’ll go out on a limb with predictions:

1. Sevion Morrison will play as freshman, and we will forget about Mo Washington because of it.

2. Marvin Scott will also show us some huge upside, but will only play in 4 games next year.

3. Will Nixon will be the second option behind Wan’Dale.

4. You’re nuts if you don’t think Nash Hutmacher doesn’t make the rotation in every game, or you’re just not paying attention. He’s been on the optimal weight training regime since he was 14. This will be a huge get for this staff. I’m excited to watch Ty and Nash together this next year. 

5. Linebacker play will be drastically improved next year so long as the RS freshman stay healthy. (Domann isn’t leaving... that is just as ridiculous as the Wan’Dale rumors)

6. Noa Pola Gates will end up the starter at FS.

7. Cam Taylor-Britt will be an All-American corner.

8. The O-line will reduce sacks allowed by 12 from 2019 to 2020. Going from 28 allowed to 16.

9. The offense will score > 465 points across 12 games, and the defense will allow < 300. 

10. We will have 5 additional defensive scores.

11. Fumbles lost will drop from 12 in ‘19 to 7 in ‘20.

12. They finish regular season with 9 wins.

• Plus1 8
2 hours ago, ZMagers22 said:

I’ll go out on a limb with predictions:

1. Sevion Morrison will play as freshman, and we will forget about Mo Washington because of it.

2. Marvin Scott will also show us some huge upside, but will only play in 4 games next year.

3. Will Nixon will be the second option behind Wan’Dale.

4. You’re nuts if you don’t think Nash Hutmacher doesn’t make the rotation in every game, or you’re just not paying attention. He’s been on the optimal weight training regime since he was 14. This will be a huge get for this staff. I’m excited to watch Ty and Nash together this next year. 

5. Linebacker play will be drastically improved next year so long as the RS freshman stay healthy. (Domann isn’t leaving... that is just as ridiculous as the Wan’Dale rumors)

6. Noa Pola Gates will end up the starter at FS.

7. Cam Taylor-Britt will be an All-American corner.

8. The O-line will reduce sacks allowed by 12 from 2019 to 2020. Going from 28 allowed to 16.

9. The offense will score > 465 points across 12 games, and the defense will allow < 300. 

10. We will have 5 additional defensive scores.

11. Fumbles lost will drop from 12 in ‘19 to 7 in ‘20.

12. They finish regular season with 9 wins.

I'll bet he takes a RS. We have plenty there already

I have seen multiple posts with Ty at DE and Keem Green at DT. They need to be switched. It’s been that way in practice and games.

Nash is going to RS. 

The two RB recruits are going to have every opportunity to come and in play. There just isn’t any depth behind Mills and Johnson.

I would love to see Thompkins at 100% but who knows if that will ever happen.

Hopefully the redshirting WRs come back next year more physically developed and have a better understanding of the position. The opportunity is there for them as well. Have to close on Manning and have him qualify. 

The oline battles in the spring and fall are going to be fierce. There is a scenario that both starting guards are second string next year. I think we all agree Farniok will move Hixson out. Can Piper push out Wilson? Does Bando take the next step in his devolpment?

On D I can’t wait to have Williams back at safety. Cam may be your corner in base but I think they like him at nickel when a LB goes out. It allows for a more physical player to be closer to the line to defend the run. I would LOVE to see NPG make an impact next year. Talented and fearless. Big offseason for him.

Henrich, Reimer and Hannah have a big offseason ahead of them. Hopefully they take advantage.

I can’t wait to see Ty and Keem after winter conditioning.

And for the love of all things holy can we please find someone that can kick the ball out of the end zone on kickoffs. We might be 7-5 this year if we had Adi Kunalic this year for that reason a lone.

• Plus1 4

2 minutes ago, WVhuskerXX said:

I have seen multiple posts with Ty at DE and Keem Green at DT. They need to be switched. It’s been that way in practice and games.

Nash is going to RS. 

Agree with this, plus Robinson played inside when he was in.

Nash may be a weight room warrior, but he needs to learn the position better and the competition will be a big step up. Can he help this year? Possibly, but I would bet on the redshirt as well.

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

I'll bet he takes a RS. We have plenty there already

I’ll stand by my out on a limb prediction on this one. I think you’re all going to be pleasantly surprised by Nash in his true freshman year. He’s wicked smart, and obviously a freak physically. He’s going to absorb the coaching like a sponge. 

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

We are not going to see a true freshman starting at left tackle while Benhart is in the bench. Sorry, not happening. 

Not sure who you’re referring to?

1 hour ago, HS_Coach_C said:

Nash may be a weight room warrior, but he needs to learn the position better and the competition will be a big step up. Can he help this year? Possibly, but I would bet on the redshirt as well.

Like a thirsty sponge, Coach. Gulp! 

I'd predict that Will Farniok slides to left guard and Jaimes stays as left tackle. I'm guessing:

Jaimes | W Farniok | Jurgens | Wilson | Benhart

I'll also bet that Corcoran redshirts but plays the last four games. What's really important is that the two-deep on the offensive line is motivated to do winter weightlifting and follows their meal plan to build more muscle. Seeing these young talented big guys like Benhart, Banks, Corcoran, and Piper get going is probably a 3-4 plan. It's just the nature of the beast. 

I think we have a workable offensive line two deep as long as these guys continue to get stronger. But Hixson probably won't see much more playing time from here on out would be my guess.

9 hours ago, Caliborn72 said:

I definitely think Spielman will test the waters with the NFL. At this point, what does he really have to prove? He produced like crazy here with several different QBs throwing him the ball. He may decide he wants/needs to play another year of college ball, in which case it would be devastating if he transferred. But I think he will be back in Lincoln if he doesn’t go pro. Need this position to step up in a big way.

Sounds like Domann has had issues with the staff dating back to him being MIA at the start of camp. Not sure what that’s about.

DLine and WR are my main concerns for 2020. I think QB, RB, and DB will have some real nice competition. OLine should improve with some experience combined with versatility finally. Cautiously optimistic that our ILBs will improve. Just need to get an edge rusher to step up.

Spielman is in the rare position of playing football for the enjoyment of playing football and not for money. He could come back, break all the records, get his degree, get another one... go to the NFL....Do whatever he wants. Could see him sticking around or going. 

• Plus1 1