Your 2020 Nebraska Cornhuskers

BIG ERN

7 minutes ago, Jeremy said:

Agreed on all points. I was really referring to Crouch's years, which, by definition, were better. Yes, I know the college football landscape has changed, and maybe we can't be a power running/option team ever again. But a guy can dream, right?

I mean, if we're young and inexperienced at receiver, maybe run more I? The O-line moved an elite, albeit young defensive line yesterday pretty well at times. What I wouldn't give to see Thompkins on a counter-sweep or take an option pitch. 

I'm just saying, we'd be kind of like Wisconsin and Iowa, but different with the threat of the QB run.

I expected NU to run more 12 personnel yesterday, but they ran a lot more 21 personnel than we’ve seen in the past. It will be interesting to see if they keep those formations in the fold against the rest of the Big Ten. 

• Plus1 2

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did he miss a game that I wasn't aware of?  My guess is that he put that picture out there to try to quiet the narrative that he's not around the program.  

I'm not trying to take anything away from Joe Burrow.  But when you can just throw it up and let your receivers go get it, it makes things a ton easier.  Same thing watching Notre Dame just lob it up

Posted Images

6 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Ummmm.....eeeeesh......rrrrrrr......ummmmm.......NO!

He’s a hell of an athlete, but I haven’t seen that level yet.  

Yeah, you're right. Maybe not faster, but he runs in a similar, tough way - unafraid of contact.

• Upvote 1

So thinking about it a bit more...

DL:  Looked pretty solid.  I think they will hold up very well vs the run.

OLBs:  Way better than I thought.  Also, Nelson is going to make a lot of Husker fans very sad.

The rest looked about how I expected.  But I feel like they are going to be just fine this season.

12 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Because he is going to be playing less and less.  And he is a nice hometown story.  

Because he didn't play well or others are playing well.

I don't see Husker fans getting sad about Nelson unless the position sucks and he's still not playing.

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

Because he didn't play well or others are playing well.

I don't see Husker fans getting sad about Nelson unless the position sucks and he's still not playing.

He doesn't play all that well and other guys are just better.

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, teachercd said:

He doesn't play all that well and other guys are just better.

Benning and Severe weren't high on Nelson's play against Ohio State.  He needs to learn how to actually play the position, and not just running around like a guy with his hair on fire.  

• Plus1 1
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, teachercd said:

Because he is going to be playing less and less.  And he is a nice hometown story.  

He needed to make a jump in the off season from "plays really hard" to "plays really hard and is a game changer" I don't think he made that jump so unfortunately I think you're right he'll get passed over.

21 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

Teach, is he better suited for inside?  At least I think he was playing at OLB?

It is just a really tough position (OLB) I don't think he would be any better to play inside but he might be.

OLB is is asked to do so much, no one can cross your face, you have to cover, you have to play with square shoulders on option plays, you have to take on TE's and pullers with your outside arm always in the right spot while staying low and while not giving ground.  

Nelson just likes to run around and run into people. 

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, teachercd said:

It is just a really tough position (OLB) I don't think he would be any better to play inside but he might be.

OLB is is asked to do so much, no one can cross your face, you have to cover, you have to play with square shoulders on option plays, you have to take on TE's and pullers with your outside arm always in the right spot while staying low and while not giving ground.  

Nelson just likes to run around and run into people. 

Let's make him a really big strong safety and just let him fly up and smash people, haha.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2