Your 2020 Nebraska Cornhuskers

BIG ERN

38 minutes ago, Toe said:

Moos isn't planning any hasty moves with Frost and Hoiberg, it seems. (Paywalled article.)

Moos has no clue what to do at this point. 

Edit: and this is the kind of crap that irritates me to a point where I just want to throw my hands up and say screw it. 2 years until what? We make a bowl, cause that 2021 schedule isn't forgiving either. If you hired someone and your confidence level in that person is to say, "well maybe we are two years out" than you shouldn't have hired that person in the first damn place. What message does that send to fans and the players where the AD can't even give positive affirmation on the state of the programs. Every hire made has under performed no matter how you slice it.  I am so sick of half a$$ excused by leadership that still continues to fall on it's face despite the fan support and financial advantages. We were a bottom tier team in football when Moos took over and as of today we are still that same bottom tier team, perhaps even worse. Two years? If the sentiment is we are two years away each damn off season then in two years I pray we have a new AD.

Rant over.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1
57 minutes ago, Ziebol said:

Moos has no clue what to do at this point. 

Edit: and this is the kind of crap that irritates me to a point where I just want to throw my hands up and say screw it. 2 years until what? We make a bowl, cause that 2021 schedule isn't forgiving either. If you hired someone and your confidence level in that person is to say, "well maybe we are two years out" than you shouldn't have hired that person in the first damn place. What message does that send to fans and the players where the AD can't even give positive affirmation on the state of the programs. Every hire made has under performed no matter how you slice it.  I am so sick of half a$$ excused by leadership that still continues to fall on it's face despite the fan support and financial advantages. We were a bottom tier team in football when Moos took over and as of today we are still that same bottom tier team, perhaps even worse. Two years? If the sentiment is we are two years away each damn off season then in two years I pray we have a new AD.

Rant over.

Meh, its all just public relations speak. He says, "we may suck," and we don't, he wins. He says, "We will be in the BCS playoffs 2020," and we aren't, he loses. He's just covering his a$$. 

• Plus1 1

"Had Greg Austin been then what he is now––Nebraska's run-game coordinator––things might have been different. Not necessarily more rushes, not necessarily fewer. Just different.

"You look at the Iowa game, we need to run the ball at them not try to run around them," Austin said this week while trying to explain some of what his new role will involve. "Let’s attack them. Let’s get vertical.”

There’s a million things to work on. There’s a million ways to run the ball," he said. "But what are you really good at? That’s what you have to determine—what you’re really good at, what your kids are really good at and what you can practice effectively and make that your bread-and-butter.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

Sounds great.   Lets add some push / power to our finesse run plays and run at people instead of dance and bob and weave.  Let there be some true run plays (run with run option) and fire off the line run blocking.  A dozen or more plays every game with 2 RBs behind a QB at the snap - and run some QB draws and a few snaps under certain just for kicks.  And half a dozen QB sneaks on 3rd and 1!!!   

These things will make the WRs look great and Adrian look better!