Loss 11/7 Penn State

Win 11/14 @ Iowa

Loss 11/21 @ Wisconsin 

Win 11/27 Minnesota

8-4

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, lo country said:

I honestly think that based on the previous 2 years and replacing a lot of guys on the defensive side, we could be looking at a 3-9 season unless somethings drastically improve.  If we are not bowl eligible after the Rutgers game......Of course this can all change with the best off season we've ever had, we have really come together as a team, 100% buy in, killing it the weight room, solid leaders have emerged  etc.....

Like you said about SDSU, they played Minnie tough. They played us tough when Bo was the coach.....I see Rutgers as a guaranteed win.  When seem to have Illinois number. Western Michigan (with our current team) is no push over......Through in Purdue as the first game and NW at their house....Away games at OSU, Iowa and Wisky....Damn.  That's a tough schedule.

Who are we loosing on D that doesn't have an equal replacement next year?

4 hours ago, HANC said:

Great analysis! I have studied this schedule for awhile and I think you nailed it.  It worries me and I am not confident on 6 wins, but am hopeful.  That is why we so drastically needed to get 6 this year with what appeared to be easiest schedule in near future. With the fragile state of the fans, I shutter to think what may happen if we fail to make a bowl next year, heading into another brutal 2021.

My son attends SDSU and although they dropped a game late, they are legit and handed the game away against NDSU. Will be a test for sure.

Well at least they are good at handing away games - NU should have a victory there

10 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

If Frost stays the course and does not make any personnel changes and continues to favor Struggling Martinez, we are looking at no better than 4-8 and that is assuming we beat South Dakota State who gave us fits last time we played them. 

Im not saying martinez is great or our best qb, but blaming him for a year were the line was young & bad, our best offensive player got hurt and we had very few good wr.  Ni matter who played at qb would not have mattered.

3 hours ago, lo country said:

Two leading sack guys in the Davis Bros, Daniels, L Jax....We have "potential", but nothing proven.

You don't have proven replacements unless you are playing in the 90's and those days are over with the exception of the top 5 teams in the country and even then you only get about 5 games a year where they can get extended minutes.

We have 3 DL that will fit our scheme way better then DDD in DT/GJ/BS and one of the other young guys may surprise us at D-end. D. Williams will be way more physical then L Jax.  most of the sacks by our line this year were based on coverage sacks - next year we will find somebody that can actually do it with talent.

No way our defense takes a step back next year.

10 minutes ago, GBRFAN said:

You don't have proven replacements unless you are playing in the 90's and those days are over with the exception of the top 5 teams in the country and even then you only get about 5 games a year where they can get extended minutes.

We have 3 DL that will fit our scheme way better then DDD in DT/GJ/BS and one of the other young guys may surprise us at D-end. D. Williams will be way more physical then L Jax.  most of the sacks by our line this year were based on coverage sacks - next year we will find somebody that can actually do it with talent.

No way our defense takes a step back next year.

That's what I am talking about.  Right now, I think in some positions we might not even be "one deep".  We just have the current "best" guy starting that might not really be that good compared to other B1G or P5 schools.  Clemson is my 2nd fave team.  I remember in their 1st NC game against Bama I said they didn't yet have the depth to go toe to toe with Bama.  Got the depth and now they night be joing NU as one of only 3 schools to win 3 in 4 years...Not saying we will be at that level in the next year or 3, but we have got to strive to get the depth so that an injury or some other attrition doesn't devastate the position ie like RB/WR this year...and safety and kicker....

I agree about the DL.  Unsure if we will be better, but the twins were recruited by Bo to play in a 4-3.....I think  both would have been much better as DT's than DE's.....Just hard to replace experience.  

Looking at where we are now, the potential of the youth and recruiting, I think it might be 2022 until we really know what we have.  Next years schedule is rough. 2021 is plain brutal.  Gonna take some lumps getting guys ready and coached up.