2020 Schedule Analysis

7 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

The only way you see 6-6 as our ceiling next year is if you assume the absolute worst case scenario for Nebraska, and the best case scenarios for every other team. And I get it, the past couple years/decades have made that easier to do. But seriously, no hope for you guys at all? Would you say you enjoy being Nebraska fans? 

f#&% I think we are going undefeated every year. And usually I'm right until we lose a game, then I want to see the best possible record down the stretch. Sure I have an idea of what I think would be successful for any given year.

5 hours ago, Husker in WI said:

The only way you see 6-6 as our ceiling next year is if you assume the absolute worst case scenario for Nebraska, and the best case scenarios for every other team. And I get it, the past couple years/decades have made that easier to do. But seriously, no hope for you guys at all? Would you say you enjoy being Nebraska fans? 

Considering how many kicks in the balls the fanbase has endured since 2001, can’t be shocked people are a bit dismal on our prospects against a brutal schedule.

Best case? 9-3. Yes it could be done. If Frost cleans up his coaching and we see the same effort from Nebraska we saw against Wisconsin, Maryland, and Iowa, yeah, they could do that.

Worst case is 3-9. Any worse than that and it’s a new HC come 2021.

and frankly I’d lean to the actual result being closer to worst case than best case. 5-7.

Just now, Good Tweetman said:

Best case? 9-3. Yes it could be done. If Frost cleans up his coaching and we see the same effort from Nebraska we saw against Wisconsin, Maryland, and Iowa, yeah, they could do that.

and frankly I’d lean to the actual result being closer to worst case than best case. 5-7.

And please no one argue to me that Frost would get a pass year 3 with a 2-10 or worse record.

5 hours ago, Husker in WI said:

Yes I do because this team has done nothing to prove they are a winning team and this staff has not shown they can develop this team to make the leap to be a winning program after two years. We looked terrible in most aspects of the game last year as compared to two years ago. Special teams is going to be a major problem u til proven otherwise, WR as well, consistent OL play, terrible LB play with no depth this year. All those add up to having a 6-6 ceiling until proven otherwise. 

Would I say I enjoy being a Nebraska fan? Not lately but I will always be a fan.

• Plus1 4
2 hours ago, Ziebol said:

Yes I do because this team has done nothing to prove they are a winning team and this staff has not shown they can develop this team to make the leap to be a winning program after two years. We looked terrible in most aspects of the game last year as compared to two years ago. Special teams is going to be a major problem u til proven otherwise, WR as well, consistent OL play, terrible LB play with no depth this year. All those add up to having a 6-6 ceiling until proven otherwise. 

Would I say I enjoy being a Nebraska fan? Not lately but I will always be a fan.

Well said.

Our best hope is that the redshirted players will provide some immediate help. I don't know if there is enough in the cupboard for Nebraska to do better than 7-5 as a ceiling. 

3 hours ago, Good Tweetman said:

And please no one argue to me that Frost would get a pass year 3 with a 2-10 or worse record.

I can think of 22 million reasons why he'll get a pass if that comes to fruition.  Frost isn't going anywhere for a long time.  Moos made sure of that.  

• Plus1 2
3 hours ago, Ziebol said:

Fair enough, not claiming we all need @hskrfan4life's outlook to be a real fan haha. I just think saying that 6-6 is our best case for next year is as unrealistic as saying 11-1 is. There's a lot we don't know about 2020 Nebraska, and more we don't know about the opponents in 2020. In a few more years I may see it differently. 

• Plus1 1

I will say we need to do a much much better job at scheduling bad G5’s. Teams like:

UConn

UMass

New Mexico

UTEP

NMSU

Rice

Coastal Carolina

All need to be looked at as future opponents. These teams are BAD and even when they are “good” for their terms they’re still bad. No reason for us to play 4 games vs NIU, home and home with Cincinnati, and FCS teams like SDSU

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • 4 weeks later...