Luke McCaffrey

suh_fan93

14 minutes ago, San Diego Husker said:

Think you're missing it..  Wan' Del is in Kentucky and Louisville is in Kentucky.  so maybe this was the best he could do to be near Wan' Del?  they we're pretty good friends at NU.  I'm guess Kentucky wouldn't offer a scholarship or walk-on spot...

More than just friends?

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, San Diego Husker said:

Think you're missing it..  Wan' Del is in Kentucky and Louisville is in Kentucky.  so maybe this was the best he could do to be near Wan' Del?  they we're pretty good friends at NU.  I'm guess Kentucky wouldn't offer a scholarship or walk-on spot...

Social distancing

Well, didn’t see this coming... perhaps LMC knew he wasn’t going to get past 2AM these next 2 years and Logan s wasn’t a for sure thing either.

the shame in all of this is regardless of school he went to he’s simply not a quarterback at the end of the day. Not D1 and certainly not at the next level in the NFL... he has the speed tho to make it at other positions such as wide out, speciality down type back.. 

wish him the best of luck but can’t help but make the comment he’s essentially sitting out for a year for an even less guaranteed situation when he very easily could have been one of the main focal points of the offense here.

Glad for Luke.  

We all have opinions and views.  For me, we lose either way ... because of what we think, the Head Coach had his view/opinion ... and it sounds like quite a lot of the board disagrees with Scott.

"There’s no doubt in my mind Luke McCaffrey is the future around here,” said Frost.

So, to those are glad we lost Luke ... what is your view of Frost and his "eye" on the QB position?

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

22 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

Glad for Luke.  

We all have opinions and views.  For me, we lose either way ... because of what we think, the Head Coach had his view/opinion ... and it sounds like quite a lot of the board disagrees with Scott.

"There’s no doubt in my mind Luke McCaffrey is the future around here,” said Frost.

So, to those are glad we lost Luke ... what is your view of Frost and his "eye" on the QB position?

You mean the same coach that identified a QB that went onto playing in the NFl for the Titans, the kid that is now the starting QB for the Chargers, and a certain QB that almost lost his leg? That guy?

• Haha 1
9 hours ago, BigRedN said:

Glad for Luke.  

What do you want a coach to say? "There's no doubt in my mind that Luke McCaffrey is going to be a backup QB for the duration of his career at Nebraska" We can all agree that Luke is a fantastic athlete who is very quick twitch. You say what you have to say to keep athletes like that around. My guess is we probably had a realistic conversation with him about wanting him to play WR etc. What Frost said protects the kid and is all you would expect your HC to say about your Freshman QB. 

• Plus1 6
18 minutes ago, Lightfighter214 said:

Marriota was first scene by mark helfrich.

Herbert is the same year as milton, frost cant get credit for both

Scott Frost was the guy who identified Justin Herbert and was his lead recruiter. Then he was hired by UCF and identified McKenzie Milton as his target for UCF. He was the lead on both of those guys. Not to mention his role in getting Marcus Mariota and Vernon Adams.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2
  • suh_fan93 changed the title to Luke McCaffrey