Luke McCaffrey

suh_fan93

The coaches and players didnt know Luke was looking to transfer.  When he didnt come back from break, they thought maybe he got covid or something.  Both coaches and players tried calling him and he wouldnt answer.   He came back, grabbed his stuff and let the coaches know his decision. 

• Haha 2
50 minutes ago, Stumpy1 said:

The coaches and players didnt know Luke was looking to transfer.  When he didnt come back from break, they thought maybe he got covid or something.  Both coaches and players tried calling him and he wouldnt answer.   He came back, grabbed his stuff and let the coaches know his decision. 

This is a pretty damning accusation.  

How confident are you that this actually happened this way?

But in the end, gone is gone.  Who cares how it went down?  Go get 'em Smothers!

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Stumpy1 said:

That is a me and not I teammate. Maybe what the high school coaches in CO said about him is true. The coaches said in high school said he was a jeerk quit often. Sounds like the kid will need a reality check of humility. 

• Haha 1
20 minutes ago, funhusker said:

This is a pretty damning accusation.  

How confident are you that this actually happened this way?

But in the end, gone is gone.  Who cares how it went down?  Go get 'em Smothers!

I got it from some of the players that were at our wrestling meet yesterday.  One of them is a friend of my oldest boy. 

3 hours ago, uberism said:

That is a me and not I teammate. Maybe what the high school coaches in CO said about him is true. The coaches said in high school said he was a jeerk quit often. Sounds like the kid will need a reality check of humility. 

I’m sure the kids who attend/attended Valor Christian over the past 10 years are borderline cocky to the point of being jerks. They won state nearly every year, and that was while going up in classes every few years. I’m sure a lot of coaches don’t like the fact they can recruit kids from all over the Denver area to attend there, and not have to worry about district alignment. Mullen High School was like that 20-30 years ago, and now it’s VC. Throw in the fact that Luke and Dylan have the McCaffrey name and they are the youngest of the 4 kids, I can buy that they may be cocky.  Dylan and Luke may be great athletes, but they haven’t been very good college QB’s. Dylan just announced he’s going to play for his dad at UNC.  Good for the kid, but UNC has been a bad FCS program since making the jump to D1 15 years ago or so. 

20 hours ago, Stumpy1 said:

I got it from some of the players that were at our wrestling meet yesterday.  One of them is a friend of my oldest boy. 

He talked to some people earlier.  I'm not sure how much notice the coaches got but some of the support staff knew it was coming at least a couple of days before the announcement.  

18 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I’m sure the kids who attend/attended Valor Christian over the past 10 years are borderline cocky to the point of being jerks. They won state nearly every year, and that was while going up in classes every few years. I’m sure a lot of coaches don’t like the fact they can recruit kids from all over the Denver area to attend there, and not have to worry about district alignment. Mullen High School was like that 20-30 years ago, and now it’s VC. Throw in the fact that Luke and Dylan have the McCaffrey name and they are the youngest of the 4 kids, I can buy that they may be cocky.  Dylan and Luke may be great athletes, but they haven’t been very good college QB’s. Dylan just announced he’s going to play for his dad at UNC.  Good for the kid, but UNC has been a bad FCS program since making the jump to D1 15 years ago or so. 

Can confirm. UNC is no football powerhouse. :lol:

I used to go to some of their games when Joe Glenn was the coach and they were D2. Had a few decent years back then but have done nothing since moving to D1.

And yes, I can only imagine that Valor Christian athletes have a bit of attitude.

• Haha 1

On 1/31/2021 at 2:13 PM, Stumpy1 said:

He is a 19/20 year old kid. I would hope he parents would help show him the right way/wrong way to handle something like this and not burn a bridge.

Its a maturity thing. I have seen people pull this with our organization where they leave the wrong way or throwing middle fingers on their way out(not saying luke was throwing middle fingers).

As he matures, and he realizes things, I hope he learns it is ok to leave but how you do it says loads about you.

Who knows if this is true or not, but hope he realizes that not owning up to your decisions will only hurt you long term. 

*steps off soap box.

21 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I'm honestly baffled by how this is playing out with both Dylan and Luke.  They have an older brother that is being extremely successful because he's a great athlete and was willing to play his natural position in college and the pros.  They are great athletes, but they both insist on playing out of their natural positions.  Both of them could probably play at just about any FBS school in the country.  Dylan chooses to go play for his father at a so so FCS program.  It will be interesting to see where Luke goes.  Maybe he's going to go play backup to Dylan until it's his turn.  I can't imagine them thinking that's the best option for them to showcase their talents and play at the highest level to be successful.  

Wish he was still here, but time to move on.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm honestly baffled by how this is playing out with both Dylan and Luke.  They have an older brother that is being extremely successful because he's a great athlete and was willing to play his natural position in college and the pros.  They are great athletes, but they both insist on playing out of their natural positions.  Both of them could probably play at just about any FBS school in the country.  Dylan chooses to go play for his father at a so so FCS program.  It will be interesting to see where Luke goes.  Maybe he's going to go play backup to Dylan until it's his turn.  I can't imagine them thinking that's the best option for them to showcase their talents and play at the highest level to be successful.  

Wish he was still here, but time to move on.

To be fair to Dylan, he started 3 years at QB in high school, and was highly recruited as a QB coming out of high school.  I think QB is his "natural position".  He just wasn't good enough to win the job at Michigan, and thought he would finish out his career playing for his dad, rather than give it a go at another FBS school.

Luke is the one who didn't start at QB until his senior year in high school, as there was another D1 QB ahead of him (I can't remember who it was).  Luke was still more of an "athlete playing QB" rather than a pure QB, and that happens a lot in high school, even at a top school like Valor Christian.  Luke was/is a project at QB, and it will be interesting to see where he ends up, and what position he ends up playing.

• suh_fan93 changed the title to Luke McCaffrey