Luke McCaffrey

suh_fan93

2 hours ago, VizionNE said:

Zero evidence? I get that the grading scale is W and Ls but the scheme has shown its more than capable. 

Multiples times a game we miss on big plays. We somehow consistently maintain a turnover margin that ranks near the bottom in the country (stat just floors me btw). 

Captain obvious here: Better/consistent QB play will translate to more Ws. It’s on SF to get that done but the offense itself isn’t the issue (IMO)

Im not sure what hair we’re splitting here but this offense, the way it has performed, the way it has been coached, the way the players have played, the lack of points and quick scoring.....I’m sorry but it is not what transpired at UCF and there has been nothing in Frost’s 3 years here to suggest it is working.

Of course we can say if this or if that but until those ifs actually happen and it translates into results on game days then I think it’s fair to say there has been zero evidence so far.

I do agree with you that there are all sorts of reasons why it hasn’t worked and if all those things get corrected then yes obviously it will look much better. But I’m done buying the bullsh#t and having sunshine blown up my a$$. I’ll believe it when I see it and I haven’t seen it yet.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • 3 months later...

Dang, McCaffrey. You had a good thing going here and now this...

Louisville QB Luke McCaffrey Leaves Program

Louisville redshirt freshman quarterback Luke McCaffrey has left the program, head coach Scott Satterfield said in an interview with Drew Deener on 93.9 The Ville Wednesday morning.

McCaffrey was on campus for roughly a week, and according to Satterfield, participated in “3-4” summer workouts, and decided to leave the program because he wanted to come in and be the starting quarterback.

The younger brother of Carolina Panthers running back Christian McCaffrey, this is the second time he is transferring this offseason. He committed to Louisville in February after having left Nebraska the month prior.

Last season, splitting reps with Adrian Martinez under center, the 6-foot-2, 200-pound quarterback played in seven of the Cornhuskers' eight games, including two starts. He completed 48 of his 76 passes pass attempts for 466 yards and one touchdown and three interceptions, while rushing 65 times for 364 yards and three touchdowns. He complied 1,138 total yards of offense and seven touchdowns in two seasons.

The Highlands Ranch, Colo. native was a consensus four-star prospect coming out of high school, ranking as high as the No. 141 overall prospect in the Class of 2019 according to ESPN. Leading Valor Christian to a Colorado State Championship as a senior, he threw for 2,202 yards and 21 touchdowns to only four interceptions, while running for 526 yards and eight touchdowns.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, runningblind said:

He's not going to start anywhere in FBS. Someone needs to get that through to him.  He also will never make the NFL as a QB. Just swallow your ego, be a WR and succeed. Dumb. 

Due to their upbringing, I thought the McCaffrey kids would have a good head on their shoulders and be able to handle the tough times in college ball. Unfortunately, it looks like the younger 2 may have been the spoiled kids who want to take their ball and go home when things don’t happen like they want them to. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Due to their upbringing, I thought the McCaffrey kids would have a good head on their shoulders and be able to handle the tough times in college ball. Unfortunately, it looks like the younger 2 may have been the spoiled kids who want to take their ball and go home when things don’t happen like they want them to. 

He can't even go home. He'd be the backup on Dad's team also.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2
1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

I wonder if they immediately started talking to him about playing WR.  The kid is absolutely throwing away his chance to play any FBS football.

100% guarantee. They got him on campus, let him have a few reps at QB, and said it won't work out but hey, you'd make a great WR/Utility guy.

And that was that.

• Plus1 5

If the transfer portal were a book, it would be entitled Great Expectations.  Unfortunately, as many are quickly learning, those expectations routinely go unfulfilled.

I recall hearing Jay Williams (former Duke BB Guard) discussing his benching during his Freshman year at Duke.  Coach K was trying to teach him how to distribute the ball and get the team into the half-court.  Jay mentioned his frustration at the time as he had never been benched in his life.  He said that in today's world, he would have merely made the snap judgment to transfer.  That he said would have been a terrible decision in retrospect as he was better for the whole situation.  

Need to consider capping the number of transfers within a calendar year to 1 as you now have a revolving door of players "disrupting" team activities.  

5 minutes ago, Mavric said:

So does the first transfer count as his "free" transfer and now he'll have to sit out a year?

I'm not sure.  There was talk of him going to Louisville as a walk-on this year, so maybe that impacts his transfer status.  The whole transfer portal is clear as Missouri River mud.

One thing is apparent, Frost and the staff aren't 100% to blame for the transfers the past year.  Between McCaffrey, Wandale's dad & trainer, and other guys who left NU, there is a lot of craziness going on.

• Plus1 7

I think it depends a lot on his last name and his lawyer. 

I could see the NCAA doing something like having this be a free COVID year transfer, and the next being a one-time-free transfer per normal, and he's on the field playing this Fall.

Like @ColoradoHusk said - it's clear as mud. 

My question is - would Nebraska take him back? The kid has a ton of talent. He just needs to get straightened up between the ears. My initial thought is NO, but... he's going to help some team. Maybe that should be us? 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

Never going to get mad at a teenager for pursuing what options are best for them, but I do think McCaffrey is going to have a very hard time being a P5-level quarterback with his arm strength. It sucks because he would be an excellent wide receiver, but that's his decision.

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1
  • suh_fan93 changed the title to Luke McCaffrey