Luke McCaffrey

suh_fan93

5 minutes ago, alexhortdog95 said:

If both McCaffrey AND Robinson don't get around 10 - 15 touches or targets a game...I'm puzzled.

I think the target will be around 10 per game for each player. Robinson is not a RB anymore, so getting 10-15 receptions per game is unrealistic.  I know there could be situations where he gets a couple carries a game, but even 6-8 receptions a game would be a lot for him.

McCaffrey definitely has big play ability, and is a glorified Wildcat QB right now (not saying anything is wrong with that). I like how Frost got him involved early, and in a variety of plays. 

• Plus1 2
7 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I think the target will be around 10 per game for each player. Robinson is not a RB anymore, so getting 10-15 receptions per game is unrealistic.  I know there could be situations where he gets a couple carries a game, but even 6-8 receptions a game would be a lot for him.

McCaffrey definitely has big play ability, and is a glorified Wildcat QB right now (not saying anything is wrong with that). I like how Frost got him involved early, and in a variety of plays. 

Robinson can still get 10 - 15 touches on sweeps, screens, and reverses.

23 minutes ago, alexhortdog95 said:

Robinson can still get 10 - 15 touches on sweeps, screens, and reverses.

I love Robinson, but getting that many touches puts him at injury risk, which happened last year. I would like to see if he can go vertical on slot fades to go along with his short receptions. That worked against Northwestern last year, and Frost may be saving that for other games which NU is more competitive. 

• Plus1 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, UniversalMartin said:

Ot but did anyone see the play where Jurgens completely pancaked a dude

The coaches used to track pancake blocks back in the Osborne days, didn't they? Does Frost do that?

• Plus1 2
  • suh_fan93 changed the title to Luke McCaffrey