Luke McCaffrey

suh_fan93

9 hours ago, Toe said:

The coaches used to track pancake blocks back in the Osborne days, didn't they? Does Frost do that?

Frost is an extremely analytical guy so I would be very surprised if those, along with every other measurable, weren't being tracked.  Even at the high school level, pancake blocks are a tracked stat for most teams.    

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have any concerns about arm strength and the quality of the balls when they're in the air?  There was one play down in the red zone where he was throwing to an open TE and barely got the ball to the goal line.  Granted, he was rolling out, but it was to his right and I don't recall there being any pressure.  Also, the one that Warner dropped in the end zone was a poorly thrown ball.  He should have caught it, but it was really wobbly, as was the pass to Allen on the 2nd or 3rd play of the game.

Not complaining about the win, or how the team played, just curious as to what everyone else thinks about these two areas.

• Plus1 2
12 minutes ago, MasterPulverizer said:

Does anyone have any concerns about arm strength and the quality of the balls when they're in the air?  There was one play down in the red zone where he was throwing to an open TE and barely got the ball to the goal line.  Granted, he was rolling out, but it was to his right and I don't recall there being any pressure.  Also, the one that Warner dropped in the end zone was a poorly thrown ball.  He should have caught it, but it was really wobbly, as was the pass to Allen on the 2nd or 3rd play of the game.

Not complaining about the win, or how the team played, just curious as to what everyone else thinks about these two areas.

Both guys seem to throw a fair amount of ducks, I dunno what it is. I'm not super concerned about arm strength, it was windy and I think the short throw was misjudged more than a throw he couldn't make. Adrian's nice deeper throw to Allen against NW was a duck - I wish they threw spirals more consistently, but I'll take getting it there at this point. Which they mostly do.

8 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

Both guys seem to throw a fair amount of ducks, I dunno what it is. I'm not super concerned about arm strength, it was windy and I think the short throw was misjudged more than a throw he couldn't make. Adrian's nice deeper throw to Allen against NW was a duck - I wish they threw spirals more consistently, but I'll take getting it there at this point. Which they mostly do.

Fair enough.

• suh_fan93 changed the title to Luke McCaffrey