Luke McCaffrey

suh_fan93

13 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

I am so confused... Is he leaving or not?

Frost didn't really say he was staying.  Just that he thought he still had a future at QB.

I would guess we'll get some indication next week when winter conditioning starts.  We might not know anything for sure until spring practices start in March but if he isn't working out with the team that will probably leak out.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Frost didn't really say he was staying.  Just that he thought he still had a future at QB.

I would guess we'll get some indication next week when winter conditioning starts.  We might not know anything for sure until spring practices start in March but if he isn't working out with the team that will probably leak out.

Frost's last comment in the article included "at Nebraska"

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Eh ... you're pretty much always going to give the impression that a player is here for the long term.  Until they've said differently.

I think if Frost knew McCaffrey wasn't planning to return, his would have said something more to the effect of I can't comment on that right now and left it at that 

• Haha 1
Just now, TheSker said:

I think if Frost knew McCaffrey wasn't planning to return, his would have said something more to the effect of I can't comment on that right now and left it at that 

It's possible.  It's also possible that, as reported above, McCaffrey is not planning on going into the Portal right away so Frost is still hoping he'll end up staying.

I just don't think there are really any conclusions to be drawn from what he said with any certainty.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

I am so confused... Is he leaving or not?

Maybe Frost is seeing a bit of himself in LMc? 

And he’s going to need a pretty strong supporting cast around him to run an effective offense. Just like Frost did; whose arm or ability alone would never have won the important games.  And that vaunted Flea Kicker of 97 pass looks like something LMc threw this year on almost every attempt.  

Or play in an FCS conference. 

8 minutes ago, Mavric said:

It's possible.  It's also possible that, as reported above, McCaffrey is not planning on going into the Portal right away so Frost is still hoping he'll end up staying.

I just don't think there are really any conclusions to be drawn from what he said with any certainty.

Agreed

And spring ball can help bring depth chart clarity.

I'm down with keeping him at QB long-term if our coaches, who see him every day, think he has a future there. But just based on the games it's very clear Adrian is the better option for next year and possibly the year after, so if he can't make a push this spring why would he not try to get on the field as a WR?

51 minutes ago, J-MAGIC said:

I'm down with keeping him at QB long-term if our coaches, who see him every day, think he has a future there. But just based on the games it's very clear Adrian is the better option for next year and possibly the year after, so if he can't make a push this spring why would he not try to get on the field as a WR?

God help us if this is the case !

2 hours ago, Mavric said:

So you try to lecture me on realism then go on a completely different tangent than anything that was being discussed before.  Seems legit.

Unfortunate that our fan base has become a circular firing squad in light of current circumstances.  We should be on the same team.  Confronting the state of our program is not meant to be a lecture. 

The last 4 seasons are more powerful proof of our situation than anything I can say.  If we have to squint to find success or progress, than we need to ask ourselves whether this is moving in the right direction.

Message boards are poor venues for showing sincerity.  i genuinely hope this works out, not because it proves someone right and someone wrong, but because we will be a happier fan base for it.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, TheSker said:

If you've watched the Husker program for 35 years and can't tell that Frost has a focus on getting the offensive line to be the strength of the offense then I would take a look a your diagnostic methodology.

I was not commenting on the OL in particular, just musing on the state of program. 

With regards to the OL, i genuinely hope that our holding penalties, false starts and rushing statistics improve next year.  Moreover, I presume 2 years of coaching and focus will also resolve "jump snaps".  

Just ready to see a quality product again.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

There’s no question that Frost has recruited the OL well and it’s been a priority. One thing I think we forget is that his first recruiting class was a hodgepodge and most recruits weren’t really guys he’d recruited hard for an entire season plus. A lot of those recruits don’t fit his scheme all that well and the product on the field shows that. If I remember correctly many people wanted to call the first season year 0. I still believe that if this staff gets 5 years then the product will be considerably better. If not then it’s probably time to move on. But hey it can’t get a lot worse, so give the guy some serious time to fix it

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, All Hail Herbie said:

Unfortunate that our fan base has become a circular firing squad in light of current circumstances.  We should be on the same team.  Confronting the state of our program is not meant to be a lecture. 

The last 4 seasons are more powerful proof of our situation than anything I can say.  If we have to squint to find success or progress, than we need to ask ourselves whether this is moving in the right direction.

Message boards are poor venues for showing sincerity.  i genuinely hope this works out, not because it proves someone right and someone wrong, but because we will be a happier fan base for it.

Again, you are now arguing a completely different point that what I originally responded to.  So if you're confused as to why I am responding how I am, that would be the place to look.

• Haha 1
  • suh_fan93 changed the title to Luke McCaffrey