Luke McCaffrey

suh_fan93

12 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

QB depth is pretty scary. AMart has had his injury concerns, and Smothers is an unknown. 

To me, Luke leaving doesn't change the QB depth.

If Smothers is as good as advertised, we should be fine.  We would have 2AM, Smothers and a true freshman.

Spring ball is VERY important to get done.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

???

I am about full up with news like this, and somehow being told that "everything is okay, just have to be patient and trust the process"

:flush

It's disappointing and the team would be better if he would stay.  But, I'm not sure how the staff could have done anything different.

Maybe, the reason Frost pushed him to move to WR full time is because he has seen how good Smothers is.  (pure speculation...but it's possible)

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

This is what scares me ^. Freshman QB seems like a "project". Lotta eggs in the Smothers basket currently. 

The coaches probably wouldn't have approached McCaffrey at getting reps at other positions in Spring practice if they weren't confident in Smothers.  But, yes, it is still concerning from a depth standpoint.

• Plus1 1

• suh_fan93 changed the title to Luke McCaffrey